Best customer service EVER!

Biggie

Biggie

Last Monday, 4/9 I was steelhead fishing in NY and committed a rookie mistake and broke the tip off my Echo switch rod. On Wednesday 4/11 I sent my rod back to Rajeff along with $35 for warranty coverage in Washington State. Well, today 4/16 I received a new rod in the mail. So in less than a week this was taken care of. What great customer service from them, and I will most certainly buy my next rod from them.

I did the same with an orvis rod and they overnighted me a new one so I could fish it the rest of steelhead trip.

Broke the same rod again and had it back in 1.5 weeks repaired just about a month ago.

We are lucky that many fly rod manufacturers have nice warranties.

Biggie, I concur. I recently sent back an Airflo line I was dissatisfied with. ( Also Rajeff Sports) They had a new line back to me in less than a week. Good stuff.

Agree with the first and second post....I break lots of gear and Echo and Orvis have been fantastic and reasonable with their service. Can't say as much for some of the other popular companies....

I shut the tip of a st Croix imperial in the car door. Called them up to get a new one and was told it would be a month and a half. I was not as happy as the echo customers in this thread seem to be.

Broke many tips and one rod right in front of the grip......All Winston's and all taken care of in a reasonable amount of time !!!!!!!!!

I just spent a lot of money on a new Orvis Helios 3/Mirage fly reel/Hydros fly line.

While ordering my new Christmas present to me, I could instantly tell that the person I was talking to knew nothing about fly fishing. He was probably an Orvis clothing salesman.

I have spent years in sales and know that when the customer knows more about the product, it is always best to say; "I don't know, but I will find out for you."

Never bull$h!t an informed potential customer. They will see right through it and purchase what they want from some one else.

Orvis got some one on the phone who could answer my questions, and got the sale. I have been very loyal to Orvis because of their Customer Service.

I wish rod companies would make the no fault warranty and add on cost to the rod that you can opt out of. So a rod that cost $900 with the lifetime me no fault warranty would cost something like $650 without warranty

I’m 71 and broke one rod. My fault. I fish an NRX, My wife insisted when I retired. I wonder what I paid extra for that little card to get a replacement I’ll never need. I’d opt out. I’m just not that careless.

I won't spend more the a couple hundred on a rod. If I break it I'll go get another. I don't recall ever breaking a rod but I must have broke one at some point in my life. I pretty much have every rod that I've ever bought in my entire life including a rod i bought with my very first paycheck when I was 15. I have given some awayover the years and I accidentally thrown two rods over the side of my boat over the years. Actually one fell over and the other was thrown after hitting the seat back during a cast involving an exceptionally high degree of difficulty.

I just broke the tip off my Greys gr70 streamflex. The only place you can buy these rods now is in the UK as the U.S. line has been eliminated. I contacted greys who referred me to a Fenwick rep.

I was disappointed to hear that they could not service greys rods outside of the US any longer but they did offer me a Fenwick world class rod for no extra charge. It will certainly be an upgrade on the gr70 as it fishes no where near the older streamflex model.

I had a rod tip break for St Croix and they sent me a new tip section in 2 days. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Broke my Gloomis Nrx they had a new one at my door in three days

Fred,

I'd like to see a list of rods you've broken vs a list of rods you haven't broken. Wonder which is longer. LoL

krayfish2 wrote:
Fred,

I'd like to see a list of rods you've broken vs a list of rods you haven't broken. Wonder which is longer. LoL

Only three haven't broke on me yet. The rest at least once but the big winner is my gen. 1 Sage largemouth it broke on me 4 times 3 while casting and once while trying to pull out a snag. . Oddly most of them break while I'm casting close to the tip .

By far the best getting you your rod back is GLOOMIS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggie - totally agree re: echo and am glad to hear you had a good experience. Orvis and Echo have fantastic repair/replacement warranties and short duration down times...even better, that level of service occurs for rods of all price ranges. Those 2 companies have been getting more and more of my business over the past few years.

Back