Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Best 5 wt for under $250.00

From Southeast Pa.
Thanks for all of your responses, I really appreciate it. You have been a great help. And yes my head is spinning with all these choices. I would really like to test these rods out, as some one mentioned above. French Creek outfitters is the closest place to me. I will have to stop in there and see if that is possible. Now all I have to do is find a reel, and pick out a good all aroud fly line for nymphing in cold water and dry flies in warm water... lol

Posted on: 3/14 11:32

From North East PA
Just got an email from L Bean about a 20% off sale on fishing gear. Short window, but you might want to check it out.

Posted on: 3/14 12:39

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

From Perkasie PA
The Risen ITB is solid (Although a little heavy for dries IMO). You should also check out the Echo Carbon. I just picked up a 3 wt and LOVE IT.

Posted on: 3/14 13:11

From Southeast Pa.
Ll bean looks pretty interesting... Good ratings on there rods !

Posted on: 3/14 16:47

From PA
Send me an email and I can set you up with a great deal on one of our 9ft 5wts.

We even offer demos.

If your interested in the lightest 9ft 5wts on the market with extra tip sections and lifetime warranties for under $250.00 email

info@shadowflyfishing.com

I want to thank everyone on the forum for suggesting our rods. I can not wait till more fisherman get these rods in hand. I truly feel they are one of the best values in fly fishing right now. Just need more time being we are new.

If anyone swings by Volant to do some fishing stop into the shop and ask bob to cast them.

On another note, we are working on our PA made fly reel right now. As well as some other projects made here at home. Can not wait to get these other game changing products out.

Thanks guys!

Posted on: 3/19 19:26

From SWPA
Hi ... just registered about 2 minutes ago. I saw this thread and wanted to suggest you log in to yellowstoneangler.com and browse their field test section. They conducted what appears to be a rather thorough 5wt comparison. Many rods mentioned here are ranked in their test. Good luck ...

Posted on: 3/28 17:59

From Pittsburgh, PA
I just picked up an Orvis Clearwater 9' 5wt today for $189.00 plus tax. I already had a 7'6" 3wt Clearwater that I got back in January and for some reason, I ended up in the fly shop today and walked out with a new one to replace a cheapo rod I got a few years ago for $5.00. It's served me well, but I figured I'd get a new one someday... I guess today was the day.

Anyway, one of the things I liked about the Clearwater the best is the 25 year Orvis warranty.

Posted on: 3/28 19:04

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com