Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Batson Switch Blank Build

Posted on: 2007/12/6 21:33

just ordered the 10' 8" Batson in the 5 wt model.
I decided to go with recoil guides. Anyone have experience with them?

Posted on: 2007/12/20 19:08

From Ohio
Yes, they are flexible and won't break unless repreatedly deformed many, many times. They are great for icy conditions becaus ethey are so thin and flexible and its easy to break ice off. The guide feet on the SF guides can be rather long, though. And forget prepping the feet any more than they are because the nickel titanium alloy is harder than heck.

Good choice.

Posted on: 2007/12/21 14:59

hey thats my rod....

this rod is excellent the way its cast is awsome i love the feel of this rod.......

the lenght is perfect...awsome for steelhead used it on erie this saturday awsome feel with steelhead on the line excellent flex...some old timers tohough i was a lil nuts when i was walking up with a two hander thinking its some 14-15 foot spey rod,...only to then see me reeling in steelies left and right and makeing cast effortless lee the whole way across...

then they all came up wonder what it was.....

even got to do some spey cast on upper elk makes awsome D loops and zings the new line to the other side making a perfect lay for the fly...

cant ask for a better rod...

Posted on: 2007/12/25 13:45

From Ohio
Glad to see you made it over here and that the rod is working well for you. Did you do mostly indy fishing with it? Did it have enough backbone to fight the fish with?

Seriously, you are probably one of the first people in the country to fish with a rod built on that blank. I'm probably going to build an 7wt or 8wt for myself.

People think that 10' 6wt single handed rods for steelhead are the cats meow and you basically have the same thing. But its so much easier casting two handed with a long rod, even with the short indy rig casts. And when you need a long cast or have limited space behind you, that rod will shine, too.

You should head over to the Ohio tribs this spring. Bigger water and less crowded.

Posted on: 2007/12/26 5:36

this rod is is amazing....

im going back out on firday...

handel the fight..i reeled in may over 8+ and i was so impressed...cause the way it handeled the fight..was awsome..the bend and the fight was great i even said on the first fish i caught with it was wow this is nothing like my old fly rod...i was able to figh direct the fish and handel it like it was a lil 2 lb rainbow trout.....

if i knew i could build a single hander with this flex and easy casting ability...id be callilng you right now for a single hander...

where at in ohio im allways up for some fishing..u have just steel or salmon??

Posted on: 2007/12/26 15:43

From Ohio
Just steelhead. Although I fish the Rocky and the Grand the most, Conneat Creek is where I would go, its go a better fall run, is leass developed, and I believe your PA liscence will work there because both Ohio and PA stock the Creek, and the two states have an agreement to honor each others liscences.

Posted on: 2007/12/27 16:32

cool i will have to stake out and mark it on my map whats the closest town??

Posted on: 2007/12/27 23:21

From Ohio
Here's a map of the Ohio side. Keep in mind in Ohio landowners have property rights on the streambed....you need to ask before heading into private water.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/Portals/9/pdf/conneaut.pdf

Posted on: 2007/12/28 15:14

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com