Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: BOA Boot lacing system

From Central/Upstate New York (Clinton)
Why do you want them? If you are getting them because they are easier to put on and take off then they are good. There is some small maintenance to them, but not much. I have had the Korkers for 2 years now and have had no issues. I love them because I dont have to bend over as long to tie them. They are also easy to take off. Seems like it is easier and quicker to get in and out of them.

Posted on: 1/31 8:09

From florida
Ease of getting them on and off is the reason. GG

Posted on: 2/1 20:51

From Ohio
I've had them for a few seasons (Simms). I like them a lot. They do a nice job holding tight, and dont tend to get caught in subsurface vegetation. It's more efficient, and has on the water benefits. In my opinion, worth it.

I do intend to buy a replacement kit, purely as a just in case. It occured to me that I carry a wader repair kit and dont have a fix for these (aside from duct tape), in case they break (have not had that happen yet).

Posted on: 2/3 11:39

From NEPA
I just picked up the Simms G4 BOA and so far love them! This is my first experience w/ BOA in a wading boot, but I've had them in golf shoes before. The concern seems to be the wire breaking while on stream. In my experience with them the wire does not just simply break one day, it first starts to fray. If you pay attention to your gear you should see this coming before it actually fails. I wore the shoes hard for 2 years...40-50 rds a year before replacing the wire and it was only on 1 shoe. I carry the tool and extra wire just to be safe though. Very easy to change only takes about 5 min. Plus if it does give out you probably have a gravel guard around the boot which should hold it on fine till you replace the wire.

Posted on: 2/3 13:47

From Harrisburg
I've got mine on two different LL Bean models. I love them! Putting waders on and taking them off is amazingly quick.

However-they are also the system most likely to fail. Luckily I can send mine back any time. The waders seem to work fine enough even if you forget to do 'em up, also

Posted on: 2/3 16:59

From florida
Advice needed: I went for Korkers and when I ordered I was advised to go with shoe size. Ordered 11's and found them to be to tight. Question: go with 12 's or order 13's . Having no experience with this brand I'm in a quandry. Any advice will be appreciated. GG

Posted on: 2/8 10:03

From Carlisle PA
Two hip replacements make it almost impossible to tie boots. I have a pair of Chota's. The tying system is simple and reliable.

Posted on: 2/8 12:38

Gulf... Ive owned 3 different Korkers type boots and all three were size 11 and I had varying amounts of room in them... metalheads seemed to have the most room width wise...

Posted on: 2/12 11:13

From florida
I got the Whitehorse in an 11 and returns them as they were to tight.
I ordered 12's.
Thanks to everyone for the advice. GG

Posted on: 2/12 22:14

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com