Another Wader Question

F

Flydog

Any thoughts about the new Simms G4 waders? (other than the price)

Dear flydog,

If a zipper is that important look at the new waders from William Joseph. With the $ 410.00 you save you can buy a nice new fly rod, reel, line and some new wading shoes and still have money left over to put gas in your car to go fishing.

I'm making a metal note to avoid anyone I see with those G-4's. Anybody who would spend $ 699.95 on waders must have a few loose screws. :-D

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Tim, I wonder how much of the $699.00 goes in paying for the simms name? :-o

TimMurphy wrote:
......... Anybody who would spend $ 699.95 on waders must have a few loose screws. :-D
Or must be in the enviable position of having more money than they know what to do with.............
(Definitely not me, if that's what you're thinking.)

I wonder how much of the $699.00 goes in paying for the simms name?

I'd guess about $550.

they r right about the Simms name adding on to the cost of the wader.

Just like ORVIS adds onto the cost of the rod

Go for the Simms wader make sure it is one that is Made in the
USA

That is the high priced wader, but you will be getting a quality, product, made by folks who live and work and support their families here in the U.S.A.

I have a pair of their Waders
Very Happy with them.

Make sure you get a pair with the built in gravel guard that is a must.

Steve 98

While reading these posts about waders I noticed that there were 2 Google ads for waders at the top of the page. So when we're typing about waders, the big computers at Google know about it. This stuff is getting scary!

$700 for waders is insane. I once bought a car for $325 and drove it for 5 years.

Did any one notice the Simms G4 waders at the show this past week-end? I have to admit the truth....I stood at the Simms booth looking at those waders thinking about how easy it would be to relieve myself warring a pair of waders that all you had to do was un-zip. No more taking off the vest, jacket, and pulling down my waders. I started to see the value in the ease of mother nature‘s call.

Then TimMurphy pop into my mind. If Tim saw me fishing with a pair of $700 waders he would think I had a "screw loose" Maybe that was not so bad......easy access???......then the thought occurred to me what would be Tim's post on this forum when he returned home. That was the deciding factor.

So, to Tim....thank you save me a bunch of $$$$$. :p

Back