Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Allen or Redington

From Greenville PA
about to order my first decent fly rod in a 4 wt cant decide on the brand....what u guys think? who has better customer service? any opinions would be awesome ha thanks brethren

Posted on: 2013/2/19 16:12

Re: Allen or Redington

From Etters,Pa
Just call Justin at Allen and find out for yourself. Then try and call Redington and ask them some questions. I own rods and reels by both companies and hands down I would go with Allen. Don't get me wrong Redington makes some nice products but Justin at Allen is just a great guy and will do anything to help you out. That goes a long way in my book.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 16:36

From Southwestern NY
I havent fished a allen, though I own a redington. The redington is a great rod, but no one from redington posts here.

Allen on the other hand sponsors this forum, posts on this forum, and everything I have ever read on them is positive. I would go with them if I were not building allmy own rods.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 17:14

From Washington county
Haven't used a Redington rod, but I have heard nothing bad about them.

I have used an Allen rod, good rod, great customer service, I will continue buying from them.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 19:43

From Bucks County
I have used both, and have gotten great service from both by emailing and talking to them. You honestly cannot go wrong on what rod you choose.

I agree though with everyone who has said good things about Allen....nothing but good stuff. I love my Allen ATS rods!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/19 22:37

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I do not own anything from Allen, but I have never heard bad things about them. I own a Redington rods and have talked to them on the phone and through email/social networks. I have had no problems and were a pleasure to deal with when I had questions about a few producta.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 22:49

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Parkesburg
Allen hands down. Justin from Allen goes above and beyond for their customers. I just talked to Justin through email a couple of minutes ago. I really don't know how the heck that guy stays on top of everything but he is good!

Posted on: 2013/2/19 22:57

From Gamehendge
Redington is a great company. I own a few of there rods an love them. On the other hand I have heard nothing but good things about Allen also. Like others have said, either company you choose you'll be happy with. But it's nice to help out the 'newer' company's. such as Allen.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 23:15

From Huntingdon
Either one would be a great option. I would pick a redington rod over allen personally, but when it comes to reels, the allen would be my choice without hesitation. I just feel that redington rods are great. The pursuit is a great entry rod in the med-fast range. I still use multiple pursuit rods. Pair that with an allen reel and you will have a winner IMO.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 23:17

From Huntingdon
redingtons new tempt would be an awesome choice for a 4 wt also.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 23:18

From Greenville PA
thanks fellas you guys are awesome ha...i think i decided to get a 4wt and a 7wt for steelhead so im gonna get one of each :) ill let you guys know exactly what i order thanks again :)

Posted on: 2013/2/20 5:35

From Ephrata, PA
I only own two graphite rods. One is an Allen ATS 2/3wt and the other is a Reddington Crosswater 9'5wt. They're both great rods for the dollar. I never fished a larger Allen, but I love the one I have. I love my Reddington too. This is of no help!

Posted on: 2013/2/20 12:22

From Portage, PA
I have owned the cross water in 9' 5 wt. My favorite rod i have ever put my hands on. I would say it is more medium/fast. I own the pursuite now. It is a great rod but a little more fast then the cross water. If you choose redington on your 4 weight rod i would go with a cross water. The thing is comparaple to many sages IMO.

I will not say anything bad about ALLEN. As the others have stated, they go way beyond normal means for customer service, they have donated many things to members of this site who have started youth programs and such.

I have never talked with Justin, but Ethan has been very good to me with their hooks and using them for my fly tying business.

My next rod will be an Allen for sure.

Posted on: 2013/2/20 15:58

From Ephrata, PA
You know, the Crosswater is simply amazing, especially for the money. I'm not a big graphite fan, but I used my Crosswater all summer for smallmouth and had a blast. That 5wt can chuck some serious line, even with bass flies.

This summer though, my smallmouth rig is a 7wt Wonderrod and an Eagle Claw Granger...oh yeah! You'll be hearing that reel clickin' and screaming a mile away!

Posted on: 2013/2/21 8:34

From Philadelphia
I cannot make any comment about Redington CS but I can say that dealing with Justin at Allen is as easy as you will ever get. The man responds quickly and is hell bent on satisfying you.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 9:29

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com