Aleka X2 Evolve

kobalt335

kobalt335

I'm looking at the Aleka X2 Evolve because I like the idea of a 3 wt rod to high stick with, but seeing how this rod comes in pretty much 3 lengths it would be a great rod to have for multiple purposes. There is a life time no fault warranty that seems to rival the big names. However, has anyone ever used this rod or any Aleka product?

Haven't used but I know the Paradise carries Aleka so you should just drive there and try them out.

I have an Aleka A6 9ft 8wt that I used for a week in the Bahamas for Bonefish. Absolutely loved it. It is now one of my go-to 8-wt rods.

I also have an Aleka A8 9.5 ft 7wt. I have only used this rod a few times, including trip to Denmark for seatrout. I was very happy with this rod as well.

Definitely give them a try. I've spoken with them at the Lancaster Fly Fishing show that past two years. Good company to deal with & very good customer service. I haven't needed to use any warranty at this point, so can't comment on that. I did check out the Evolve at the show & it looks like a nice rod. Good luck!

Very nice rods, every bit a contender to any of the $$$ brands. The Evolve with the multiple lengths is clutch for High Sticking to dry fly. The only drawback to a single rod for both is that I hate high sticking with anything but the Rio Euro Line. So two spools, each with a dedicated line would be ideal.

Back