Absolutely fantastic Orvis Customer Service

trevor

trevor

This Christmas, while on vacation in the Florida Keys, my dad bought me a new nine weight set-up. I got an Orvis Access V, an Echo Ion 9'8wt, and Sage Equator line. After a few days and very few fish, the drag became super jerky. We called Orvis, and they said to bring it up to their shop, and they would swap it out. So we made the drive early one morning to the Orvis shop in Key Largo. First of all, the area Orvis was in blew my mind. We pulled up to some 5 lane gatehouse, and we only got in because Orvis had our name. This place was some high end country/fishing club... what I thought was rich before, isn't so rich anymore. This place had its own airport, hospital, etc. And the Marina was filled with Multi-multi million dollar yachts, with on hand crews. We picked up a menu to one of the little cafes, and it was $8 for a glass of orange juice. And no one was walking, they were all riding go carts... just a pretty sweet setup these people have going. Any way, we got to the Orvis shop, and it was super nice, with lots of cool pictures from customers (you're in the keys, so they are some sweet customer pics). A first class fly shop. And I can honestly say I have never met a more professional, helpful person than the lady that was there helping us. She let us use their line machine, since she didn't want us to have to wait for the department manager to get there. Once we had spooled up the new reel, she asked if there was anything else she could help with, and I said that we should be good. She told me to go over and pick out some flies, on Orvis. I said it was OK, but she insisted. I have been wanting to learn to tie flies for a long time, so my dad found a really nice kit there he wanted to buy me. I originally cost $169, but she gave it to us for $105. She was so nice and friendly, just a great experience. So I really recommend Orvis and their customer service. And the replacement reel works splendidly.

great story! the lady was probably glad to be waiting on normal people and not some rich fuddy duddy!

Orvis has been a great company for me to deal with. Had a ff vest that the zipper ripped out of, they sent a brand new one... Week before christmas snapped the tip section of my zero g 10 footer. Sent back and they sent me a brand new Helios zg. That rod was 3 or 4 years old, been to Wyoming, Montana, Erie and numerous float trips in pa. Had been in a few skirmishes that had left couple "marks" on it. I was unbelievably greatful and impressed with the brand new Helios. Kudos orvis.

Sometime in the early 70's I called Orvis on a Monday and told them I wanted a bamboo flea rod to fish with on Saturday. They said "send us a check, we'll send the rod out right aways". Received the rod on Thursday. No way did that check clear and get to them before the rod sent. Glad to hear they still have great customer service.

ive also had good experiences with Orvis. Had a pair of Tailwater waders that started leaking after 2 years and they replaced them with their top of the line guide waders....

Back