Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 3WT line suggestions

From Bloomsburg
I have a St Croix Imperial 8'6'' 4wt and use both the 4wt and 5wt peachy line. Both roll cast well. I have also have Rio DT 4wt line and it acts in a similar manner as the 5wt Peachy line. The 5wt Peach DT line casts dries much better than the 4wt at longer distances which is expected but the 4wt line has its advantages on still water and finicky fish which are spooked more easily. I like using the DT lines much better than the WF lines.

Posted on: 10/15 12:02

Re: 3WT line suggestions

From WV
The problem with fly fishing, the longer you do it the more variables your mind processes.

It really depends on what your doing with the rod. If its a very flexible rod and supposed to be more of a dry fly rod I would keep it at 3wgt. line proportions. If it has some ass behind it and your going to be nymphing/streamer fishing primarily then you can over line it and it will be much easier for you to cast/roll.

But at 7'9 I have no idea why someone would want to buy a 7'9 rod and want to make it a nymphing rod, unless your are nymphing native sized streams all the time.

Posted on: 10/17 9:00

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com