3-5 weight reel

B

blakew510

Currently I have a Cabela's prestige reel which retails at about $20-30 now, but I have decided to upgrade. I have a Cabela's three forks 8' 6" 5 weight rod which I like and a TFO Leftey krey signature series I rod that my uncle gave to me in a 3 weight 7'6" model that i really like. Yes, I was using a 5 weight line on both rods which worked fine, however probably not ideally. I would like a 3-5 weight reel that has spare spools available so I can just use that one reel and switch spools depending on the rod I will use for that day. My budget is around $150, with or without the spare spool. I have seen the lamson liquid 3 pack(reel and two spare spools) which is a good option and I have also been interested in the orvis battenkill or access, however I am open to any suggestions. For some reason a nice clicking to the reel is something I enjoy a lot and I also would like the reel to be rather good looking. A lot to ask for for my budget. but please leave any suggestions down below. Thanks

I really like the access. It is lightweight and bullet proof.

Lamson is a GREAT value. You may want to look at the Guru, too. I think those are relatively cheap.

Access reels are pretty great to. However, rods are getting lighter and that reel can be heavy. Then again, I'd rather have a heavier reel than a lighter one.

Allen Trout II reels may also be an option.

Ill second the Allen trout 2. I was going to go with that reel but went with a 3-tand tf 50. $200 but a great reel for the price!

Back