Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

"Reel Problem"

From Westmoreland Co
As the title suggests I've got a "Reel Problem," pun intended. Cabelas has had the first genearation Ross Momentums on sale for a huge discount for quite sometime. Today I checked back and now they've knocked an additional $50 off and that just put me over the edge when I was way too close already.

Heck of a deal when you can get a reel of that status for roughly 67% off. Plus had a coupon for another $20 off so I paid $165 for a reel that retailed at $495. Will be great for the salt.

I think I need to block myself from anything FF gear related on the net as I have little will power on deals like that, even though I don't necessary "need" the stuff.

Anyone else have similar issues with this stuff or do I stand alone in my FF gear addiction?

One thing's for sure, you can go broke saving money!

Posted on: 2009/6/26 11:12

Re: "Reel Problem"

From Enola, Pa.
You have plenty of company in that department.My car won't go by a flyshop without pulling in!

My friend who tie's my flies for me the other day,called me just to see how I was and how the fishing was going. I ended up ordering 2 dozen flies, believe me I don't need anymore flies!

PaulG

Posted on: 2009/6/26 11:40

Re: "Reel Problem"

From Harrisburg
Dear Student,

Always remeber the old saying, "you can't putt with a 9 iron."

If a golf expression but since I also used to play a fair amount of golf I recognized the need for all 14 clubs and applied that convoluted logic to my fishing equipment.

I have back-ups for my back up equipment. I went to the beach recently and took 9 rods and reels for a total of 2 fishermen. We actually used and caught fish on 5 different rigs so I figure carrying the extra stuff panned out?

As long as I keep believing that I'll keep accumulating gear.

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2009/6/28 9:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com