woollybugger swap ever done?

tabasco_joe

tabasco_joe

Has there ever been woollybugger swap? Looks like Jack's site is temporarily off line so I couldn't check.

Nope. Not that I know of.

If we do this I'm in!!

Bob

Ok, after the caddis one finishes in mid-November we can do a woollybugger swap. I was considering the obvious white crystal version but I found the Chili Pepper wollybugger and may have to give it a try.

I'd be up for this one too!

I'll do this one whenever it happens. Gotta fill the box with a variety of buggers. All I've got left at this point in time is olive bugger hackle. Looks like you guys will get the old Jay's favorite bugger. Size 10, black body, black tail, olive hackle. Never really fished a scenario in which it didn't work.

Probably no need (though it is welcomed) to get too very creative. I've never seen two people tie a bugger that looked the same.

I don't know if I have ever tied 2 buggers that look the same :-D

Bob

I ordered all the materials for the Chili Pepper Bugger. It looks like it would be the ticket for imitating the crayfish on Penn's. Also have another idea for a bugger/crayfish pattern that's inspired by some bass lures I have that worked well in lakes with crayfish.

hmmm... that sounds interesting.

I found some different patterns for buggers that I am gonna give a shot for the swap.

I could possibly be up for this depending on when it's going to begin and such.

After the caddis swap, I'm in!!
JH

Since I've got a ton of time on my hands right now I'm going to start working on a bugger pattern. Weighted #10, Dark brown marabou tail, Buggy brown chenille body overwrapped with copperwire and palmered with Dark Dun hackle. It looks and works great as an option to the regular and flashabou patterns.

Count me in!! I love to tie flies!! One of the best pleasures that life has to offer.

Really, I think the woolybugger is the best streamer ever created! This year I caught hundreds of trout and thousands of bass on a bugger! That's almost all I ever use when fly fishing! LOL why do you think I picked the name "woolybugger"?

Scuze me, while I tie a fly

IMGP2029.jpg

IMGP2025.jpg

I think with the lead eyes they call them woolyBombers...But they do catch big fish.

Here's the one I'm talking about.

I've started fishing buggers of late and I'm coming to the conclusion that I need at least two types. One on a size 12 hook with less weight and one type on a size 8 - 10 with a bit more weight. The lighter ones to be used in lower water conditions and the heavier ones in higher water or bigger water such as the Lehigh.

"I think with the lead eyes they call them woolyBombers...But they do catch big fish."

Actually, Tom, they are "mono" eyes! Big warmwater flies, size 4 3X and 2 3X.

I like to use a sink line with a no-weight bugger.

I'd like to be in on the swap. I put something together that has really been working for me late in the year, but not earlier.

Bump. Let's keep this one alive.

Back