fly tying clubs or groups

redrockgrizzly

redrockgrizzly

im from central pa (muncy area) and im looking for a local place, club or group that meets once a week over the winter months and tie a few flies. im not looking for a tying class or anything like that. im just looking for a place once a week to sit around with fellow fly tyers and tie a few flies. anybody know of anything like that near williamsport area.

I have talked with the owners of Hille's to do something like this.
Something like a pattern of the week/month, and people could come to get ideas from other tyers.

They seemed to like my idea, but have yet to start anything like it.
Maybe I'll let them know there is interest.

redrock,
Many local fly shops have tying demos and get-togethers, esp during the winter months. Your local TU chapter may also have an informal group of tyers.

If you know a few more people in your area, put a tying circle together..we did in bucks co.pick someone's house or rotate and everyone tie 1 fly for each one at the gettogether, then each gets one from each tyer..add beer, coffe,etc. pizza or whatever. good times for sure.

A group from Bucks TU meet the 3rd thur of the month,at
ainstream Outfitters, we sit around the table and tell fishn lies and tie a few flies. It helps with cabin fever.

Mkern -- did you stop by Hillies yet. i havent had time to stop by -- deer hunting has taken up all my time.

I haven't. I was only back in Williamsport for one night a couple weekends ago.
Next time I'm back (Xmas), I'll be sure to stop in, if they are open.

Redrock,

State College is a little far for you, but anyone in Central PA looking to learn or improve their tying skills, FFP has some free fly tying seminars this winter.

FFP Free Tying Seminars

Last winter the bass pro shops store in Harrisburg had this type of a group that met in there fly fishing aera. You might give them a call to see if they are still meeting.

Back