few more for steel

sandfly

sandfly

Box is almost complete just a few xtras to do.

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Image00007.jpg
    Image00007.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Image00009.jpg
    Image00009.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Image00010.jpg
    Image00010.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4
Nice Job Sand, That jungle cock just pops. I like your choice in fly box as well. Curious, does that box have a swing leaf. They made with and without. I recently found one with the swing leaf. I had to replace two rivets. Classic

swing leaf. I own 11 perrine's and am always looking for more. the swing leaf are great for salmon and steel head flies.

I remember now, I started a thread awhile back about Perrine Boxes and you had a picture of your collection. Very nice. I too am a fan and admirer of the classic perrine boxes. I'm wondering if you are the guy that is always bidding against me on the Bay. Good buys are getting slimmer for these boxes. As a collector there are so many variations. For example, I have seen the leaf on the salmon box made of both clear and white plastic.

That model #100 you have. Well one just like it just sold for 92 dollars w/out shipping.

They are getting harder to get. 99 is a bit high in my book. was it filled with flies..I traded for a magnetic / spring box in gold. They seem to be really rare..

Yes, the gold box came with one side magnetic and the other has a combination of clips and coils. This was the first perrine I had and still do have.
Funny story. I said that the box went for 92 dollars. When I got done posting that it sold for that price, I discovered that the highest bidder was me. Imagine my suprise. I thought I had placed a bid for 30 dollars. Well as it turned out I had placed a comma where there should have been a decimal. So, I bid three thousand.
The seller understands as he had made the same mistake three weeks ago and is working with me.
The box with the swing leaf I believe is more rare than the gold one. I could go look at the model numbers but I'm to lazy.
Curious, Have you ever heard of a Fly-Safe fly box that was marketed by Martin in 82.

I heard of them haven't seen one in years.

Funny story, I've won a few items that I never really intended to.

I got really lucky. The seller was an honest and understanding, well just awesome fisherman. He spent alot of time fishing around the tri-state area with Bob Jacklin when they both lived in New Jersey. He now owns and runs a small Mom and Pop resort in Minnesota.http://fishtalesresortminnesota.com/

Back