nymphset 002 (315x236).jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
  • nymphset 004 (315x236).jpg
    nymphset 004 (315x236).jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 6
  • nymphset 005 (315x236) (305x229).jpg
    nymphset 005 (315x236) (305x229).jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
Wow, someone has been busy. Nice looking bunch of flys there.

GenCon

Thanks, filling up the Pocono section. Still a little cold outside, my son comes down and says let's work on the car , he turned 16 and got his permit. Ah, youthful enthusiasm.

Those look really nice. Seems like you are about ready to go.

Pocono section, I like that. What's up with the olive ones in the top pic just to the left of the vise? Are they tied on those mustad English bait style hook ? I tie stones on those, I like the look they give a fly. Nice looking ties.

How's your daughter doing, does she still like those pink ties? The olive ones are ryacophila, they are huge on some streams I hit, and they are on mustad 37160 / 10 's. The ones on the other side are 37160/ 14 's and dark olive , almost black, and the fish are gorged on them in the spring on another stream I fish. The stones are for the Lehigh, the breadcrusts are for the Brodhead and the soft hackles and pocono wets are for anywhere. Oh and 1 wiggle drake.

Sadly Chris she has lost the passion for tying. I'll ask if she wants to and she's usually in the middle of something. She'll be 13 in a couple months and girlfriends and such take priority with her these days. I'm hoping the spark will be renewed, I make it a point to ask, but I never push. She'll be back to the bench, you can be too creative with it for her not to want to again at some point. Thanks for asking.

The stones are for the Lehigh, the breadcrusts are for the Brodhead and the soft hackles and pocono wets are for anywhere. Oh and 1 wiggle drake.

Don't count the breadcrust out on the Lehigh. We should keep in touch. I fish the Brodheads quite often. Always nice to meet a fellow angler.

GenCon

Gencon, sounds like we like the same water, and the same flies.
We'll get out when the water is not so hard. lv2nymph, my kids never tied but I still have my daughters Snoopy spincast outfit and my son will sometimes let me talk him into coming out with me but neither has the fishing gene. I was the only one in my house growing up that had to fish and it's the same to this day, it's my religion.

There is a need to fish, to be on the water. It sooths the soul. They both still talk about it, but at their age a different set of priorities has set in.

"There is a need to fish, to be on the water. It sooths the soul."

I like that. WAS that a famous quote before? It should be now.

Thanks. Not that I know of, made it up on the fly. ;) I thought about it after I posted, I'm normally not that profound.

You're still not that profound, but I'd fish with ya. Must have been the drywall dust.

tie up some perla stones for the pockanose streams.

Attachments

• 9-15-2010 024.jpg
    9-15-2010 024.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
Is that soft hackle tied in for the legs. I never add that to my nymphs and want to start. Do you just strip a bit from each end of the hackle and tie in quill?

soft hackle tied in by tip and pulled over the thorax. gives a lot of movement to the nymph. heres a wiggle stone for ya.

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
blueheron wrote:
You're still not that profound, but I'd fish with ya. Must have been the drywall dust.

Lol. I know it, but what are ya gonna do? Yea, been doing nothing but demo, hanging, & finishing these days so I'm getting a good dose. Pipes freezing up and busting everywhere it seems. Wouldn't mind hitting a stream with you some time either, should try and work that out this season. Bob, nice looking ties you got there.

Back