classic flyfisherman

R

ralphs007

Hi
I'd just like to spread the word about a very nice fly shop in Lansdale PA. It's called the Classic Flyfisherman. The prices are more than fair and the owner is a super nice guy.
Today I was checking out,and the owner says,total your order up for me. Can you imagine someone in todays day and age, trusting a customer to add up his order!I had two Whiting capes and some other misc. stuff. This tells me that the owner is a very honest person himself,to trust other people like this.
You owe it to yourself to check this shop out,call ahead,just to make sure Bob is in,you'll thank me later.

http://www.classicflyfisherman.com/

I drove an hour there only to find a sign on the door saying by appointment or chance. I'm not making an appointment to buy anything and I'm not relying on chance. Strange business model, I think it's merely a hobby. Another 15 minutes away (for me) in Souderton is a great fly shop called anglers pro shop that has real hours. No appointment needed. They even have FREE fly tying classes on Tuesday nights.

This place has been mentioned before on the forum. I'm not that far from the place but I'm not going to call ahead when I'm only interested in looking around his shop.

nothing about his website indicates its even a fly shop. no materials. seems to me its more collectible items than anything else

It's not the best website,that's for sure,but he does have some really nice prices on of his tools and tying materials.I'm less than a half hour away,so it convenient for me.Plus he's only five minutes away from the driving range,where I hit balls,so I can kill two birds with one stone.

Great place and tying supplies galore! Bob is very knowledgeable and friendly. As for the calling ahead I do every time I go, not a problem for me but i can see how this could aggravate people. Also Id rather buy fly fishing items from a guy who actually fly fishes. The place is worth checking out.

Bob Selb is the most trustworthy and knowledgeable flyfishing tackle dealer on the planet. Over the decades, I've known them all and dealt with many of them. Bob can be trusted on both sides of the deal, whether you are selling or buying.

His stock concentrates on collectible gear, hence the title of his business. Mostly what I love to check out with him are boo and glass sticks. He picks up random estates too, so he usually has a variety of lines, hooks and tying materials. But he doesn't attempt to stock a full array of accessories like the usual fly shop.

Bob's a great guy. His prices are very good and he is extremely helpful.

Hey, Man!
Bob is a righteous dude.

Back