boxes

blueheron

blueheron

Are you all filling your boxes?
Here's the fruit of my labor, let's see whatcha got.

Attachments

• ffbox.JPG
    ffbox.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ffbox2.JPG
    ffbox2.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 3
Bring on dem trouts:)

Attachments

• aPic_0217.jpg
    aPic_0217.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2
Dries! We don't need no stinkin' dries!

Attachments

• dry1.JPG
    dry1.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 2
  • dry2.JPG
    dry2.JPG
    861.4 KB · Views: 2
  • dry3.JPG
    dry3.JPG
    924 KB · Views: 2
  • dry4.JPG
    dry4.JPG
    780.9 KB · Views: 2
Festus... wanna swap fly boxes... mine for yours straight up!

Those are nice boxes festus! How long have you been using the chest box system? Always wondered about those.

Anyway, been tying 'cause i have no time to get out. However this spring i'm taking my little girl out for her first trout rodeo, i can't wait!

lily_fly.jpg

Loaded boxes:
boxes.jpg

Those are nice boxes festus! How long have you been using the chest box system? Always wondered about those.

Thanks. I really like my Downs system. I bought the whole system with a bunch of extra trays and just switch out trays as the season progresses. Works out real well.

I used to have a Richardson, but sold it when I wasn't thinking straight, and regretted doing it ever since.

I do want one of those C&Fs like yours. They are really nice.

Fine looking yung 'un. I hope she has a banner day at the Trout Rodeo:-0

The downs is much better with all of the gizzmos.
I have 10 trays, 2 backpacks (the original and the new version), 2 gink holders (1 for gink, the other for zink), 2 side pouches.

All together over $300's wrapped up in my chestpack.

I even bought another frame, so I basically have 2 systems.

I also have recently bought a water bladder to go in the new backpack.

Advise: if your going to get a Down's, the backpack makes it way more comfortable.

I agree. I have 11 trays and the backpack with 2 side pouches. I don't have the Gink holder as I use liquid floatant. Been thinking about the magnifier and maybe the rod holder. Do you have the magnifier? I'm wondering if it gets in the way at all?

Festus,

I don't have the magnifier, my eyes are really good.

I don't have the rod holder because I've heard mixed reviews.

I have the Richardson and don't leave home without it.

Different kind of box here. This one has $$$$dollar signs$$$$ on it. I love the smell of money.:-D

Attachments

• browns.jpg
    browns.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks festus.

Nice pack of flies, what are they?

I like the C&F boxes but be careful with the boxes with the middle insert. They have a tendency to squash hackles if you use too big of flies in them. Great midge box if you need that many midges.

Are those chest boxes heavy? I have some back issues and I have never seen one in a shop to try.

they are very light, I have an origanal one when they first came out. Need to order a few for the shop and a newer version for myself. for back problems sew some tags on the back of your vest and run your wading belt through it, helps keep vest in palce and is easier on the back.

Mine is only has heavy as what I carry in the backpack. Other than that, I don't even know it's there.

They have a light-weight harness, but is alomost the price of the full backpack and not worth it in my oppinion.

You can only get them from two places, Mike Downs himself, or E. Hillie's. There are other fly shops that carry them, but they have to purchase them from Hillie's.

I would think a 3 tray and a harness, would only wieght about a pound; give or take.

You can only get them from two places, Mike Downs himself, or E. Hillie's. There are other fly shops that carry them, but they have to purchase them from Hillie's.

Great service to. I sent them(Hille) an email asking about new foam inserts, and the next thing I knew there was an envelope in the mailbox with a new type of insert to "try out". Great folks.

The white insert in the picture is the new stuff.

tobewan77.....Thanks festus.

Nice pack of flies, what are they?

Those are March Brown Soft Hackles with a bead. I tie them for a club that likes them on 2xl hooks. That's why they are so big.

Are those chest boxes heavy? I have some back issues and I have never seen one in a shop to try.

They aren't that heavy at all. I've found that with the addition of the backpack, that the entire setup balances out nicely with a few extras in the pack.

I have the traditional foam, with a few replacements at home. I do like the new stuff though.

Foam is a must for the trays.

One thing I did to the lids of my trays is put big adhesive labels on the lid. I use Maxima in both Chamelion and Ultra Green and sometimes it's hard for me to see the material with no background. I use the black label as a background for tying Ultra Green, and the white label for tying the Chamelion.

Getting old sux.:)

here are my nymph boxes

fly%20boxes
[/url][/img]

fly%20boxes
[/url][/img]

Back