Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Yeah or nay on UV epoxies

JU
i have tried them all
I have no vested intrest in any of these products... but CCG is by far the best and has the widest range of products for different applications.
It is also a US based company/product.

While your review may not "favor any" it is poorly done (both in technique and application) and the results are inaccurate

here is a much better test with accurate results from a few years back
http://www.kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17908

Posted on: 2011/12/20 22:59

From The great north east
Listen, im not gonna argue with you. You can say whatever you want about my review. As gearon points out, you weren't there. I will say that my review was done by putting shell backs on nymphs and such, and fishing them. Also loon is u.s. based company.

All my Best
Johnny Utah

Posted on: 2011/12/20 23:09

From Hershey
Ramcatt. I just reviewed the second link Thanks. But now confused.

Some of these products are marketed towards knots. Am I correct assuming these products have been adapted by creative tyers for flies. Then there are products marketed towards tying exclusively?

It seems from reviewing all the products that CCG has a wider selection of products, more correctly viscosities to assist with different applications. The CCG has a very nice and complete website showing how to apply and dry the products.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 6:34

FWIW, I use UV Knot sense and it works fine.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 7:50

Quote:

troutpoop wrote:
Some of these products are marketed towards knots. Am I correct assuming these products have been adapted by creative tyers for flies. Then there are products marketed towards tying exclusively?

It seems from reviewing all the products that CCG has a wider selection of products, more correctly viscosities to assist with different applications. The CCG has a very nice and complete website showing how to apply and dry the products.

rio and loon had the "UV knot"/ "UV wader repair" products and then jumped to the emerging UV tying applications/tiers started using the products for flies

then there are products that are designed for tying applications... with a range of products for specific applications....
if its a matter of price... there are the cheaper options
but the CCG is far superior when used correctly

like i said... been using the CCG for a good bit of time... and I don't think there is a better product or a company with better customer service ... i just felt the need to point out that the "tier" who was testing was using the product wrong/ using the wrong product for the application and was generally spreading bad info

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:06

Loons U.V. products are all the same. The u.v. knot sense is the same as the U.V. fly finish. No difference other than the bottle and quantity.

Heres a run down on prices by the ML.
Loon- $0.39 a ml <-------------on sale right now at Jstockard 20% off
Bug-bond- $0.79 a ml
Clear Cure Goo- $0.88 a ml

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:10

From Monessen, PA
Point having been made, no need to further defend it. I have had experiences with products very different than other users. We are all free to share our experiences and can disagree with one another rationally. It comes down to who do you trust when opinions differ and that is a choice for each reader to decide for him or herself, based upon their knowledge of the person rendering an opinion.

This is why when I opine, people who know me ignore me, and those that do not know me scratch their heads. But, I dare say I have opened a few minds here and there by proposing contrary or unpopular viewpoints.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:14

Quote:

Ramcatt wrote:
Quote:

troutpoop wrote:

rio and loon had the "UV knot"/ "UV wader repair" products and then jumped to the emerging UV tying applications/tiers started using the products for flies

then there are products that are designed for tying applications... with a range of products for specific applications....
if its a matter of price... there are the cheaper options
but the CCG is far superior when used correctly

like i said... been using the CCG for a good bit of time... and I don't think there is a better product or a company with better customer service ... i just felt the need to point out that the "tier" who was testing was using the product wrong/ using the wrong product for the application and was generally spreading bad info

Ramcatt you failed to read my review and merely looked at the picture at the header. If you would actually read it, you would know that i used the thin,thick, and the flex ccg. Perhaps you should take the time to read it, before you accuse me of being wrong.

Also your argument is of opinion. It like you saying you have tried every rod and have been using sage for a long time and sage is superior.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:19

Quote:

JohnnyUtah wrote:
Loons U.V. products are all the same. The u.v. knot sense is the same as the U.V. fly finish. No difference other than the bottle and quantity.

Can you please cite this information?

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:39

Quote:

wsender wrote:
Quote:

JohnnyUtah wrote:

Loon has since changed there site. It used to state that fly tiers requested that loon make a bigger bottle of Knot sense for fly tiers, so loon made a 2oz bottle for fly tiers. I will email loon to confirm it for you, but i am positive they are the same.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 8:59

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

wsender wrote:
Quote:

JohnnyUtah wrote:

Here.

I've tried most of these products as well. If you use it on flies that require a thick coating, CCG is worth it, as they have a better selection of use specific products. Just easier to work with.

Durability isn't an issue for me - the rest of the materials in a fly usually give out first, for what I use it on.

Thirty nine cents/ml? I'm all over that.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 9:00

Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Quote:

wsender wrote:
Quote:

JohnnyUtah wrote:

Here.

I've tried most of these products as well. If you use it on flies that require a thick coating, CCG is worth it, as they have a better selection of use specific products. Just easier to work with.

Durability isn't an issue for me - the rest of the materials in a fly usually give out first, for what I use it on.

Thirty nine cents/ml? I'm all over that.

Thanks Ed. I knew it said it on the loon site as well. Loons bottle is 2oz no one comes close to that amount in there bottles.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 9:08

From Monessen, PA
Johnny, please take this for the helpful suggestion that it is intended to be:

You are a writer of a blog and here. Correct English would enhance your stature greatly in the eyes of all readers who are adept at the English language.

There - a place. Where? There. An indefinite pronoun of sorts: There is a time and place for everything.

Their - possessive plural. Belonging to them or related to them: whose? Theirs.

They're - simply "they are." Who is? They are.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/12/21 10:39

From Delaware Co.
This stuff here is a great bang for the buck I have not used it my self but several of my friends are happy with it .
http://surfsource.net/store/category/sun_cure_repair_products/

Posted on: 2011/12/25 6:18

From Lehigh Valley
Interesting link, Fredrick. $20/quart would be very cool.

Do you know which product your friends are using?

Does that product cure as fast as, say, Loon's UV stuff?

What is the shelf life? I've got some fairly old Loon's UV Knot Sense, and it still works fine.

Are these friends on the right side of prison bars....uh, nevermind on that one.

Posted on: 2011/12/25 8:35

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com