Would you be interested in a Classic Salmon Fly Club?

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

I'm toying with the idea of establishing a local club for Classic Atlantic Salmon Flies. There is a well established club on the west coast, and I'd like to bring that same situation to the east coast. Perhaps further north would be abetter venue and time will tell if this venture gets further than a thought.

It would be an educational scenario - Learn Techniques, review classic literature, tie classic salmon flies. Annual dues would be a requirement to cover room rental, materials for beginners, etc etc etc. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Exact location to be determined, but geographically it will be Greater Philadelphia - if you lived in Pittsburg, north PA, Jersey, DE or MD, for example, would you be willing to travel to Greater Philly area for a half to full day meeting, once per month? Once every two months?

I'm investigating whether there might be enough interest to get it off the ground?

Thoughts and input very much appreciated.

the poll posted before i got a no option - Can the Mods update with a no??

eunanhendron wrote:

the poll posted before i got a no option - Can the Mods update with a no??

I assume you are interested in how many "yes" answers you receive....the "no" answer is rather moot....lol.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll get a bunch of guys interested and get the thing started.

Eunan, let me know if this suits you. Good luck with your effort.

Maurice

thanks - that works.

Eunan

Since I live close by I would pop in to some meetings on occasion . I will make sure I look for you at the symposium this Saturday and introduce myself .

Eunan,

Write up something for me to post on the FTG Facebook page.

Also the FFI Education Committee might like to have a web based class too.

Jerry Coviello

I voted yes.

To be honest, I enjoy tying fancy salmon flies but would probably not participate in such a club. I like the idea, but am just too maxed out with FF related hobby pursuits to add another one. If the event were once a year, I might consider... but once a month or every other month seems ambitious (certainly way too much for me).

However, if the West Coast club meets this often, perhaps it could work. Whatever the case, it's an idea worth exploring and good luck if you decide to move forward.

I'm in line with DaveW. 1-2x per year would be nice. More than that overkill and a bit ambitious. Always had a passing interest in full dress flies but I think most people fish PA orNY for salmon and the flies are usually on the simple, cheap, and quick side due to he number lost in a day's fishing trip.

I like the idea though as I would love to enhance my tying skill even if only tying hobby flies

Back