Woolybuggers

1wt

Some size 12 3X brown tungsten bead / lead eye woolybuggers. I gave them a drop of Fingernail Polish (Sally Hansen) with a couple different colors. This holds the weight secure, and gives a special look. I'll try a drop of "Hard as Nails" on my tiny Zebra Midges and see how they turn out?

Standard tie: Marabou tail, two strands flash, dun chenille, and dun hackle.

I've had great success in Muddy Creek with these little buggers (a good Stone Fly imitation, and they go straight to the bottom) (great for Chez nymphing). As soon as my waders arrive...... and the water goes down, I'll be after the trout again.

A close-up test for my new camera: Two inches away with the regular flash ..... no stinkin' lights! God bless the Nikon?

great ties man. you could actually go up a size or two with your chenille on the bh's. good pics too. im looking into a new nikon also when i get home.

Looks like it would be a good crayfish pattern too, just bumping it along the bottom in short strips.

1wt

Do you have any shots in the vice? I just got some crystal flash, and want to see how you are using it. I just kind of folded it around the the thread in the back and try to get it on both sides of the tail. I would be interested in seeing your tie.

P.S. DC- I tried my hand at one of your Pick Pockets - love the look of that fly and looking forward to fishing it.

hack wrote:
1wt

Do you have any shots in the vice? I just got some crystal flash. I would be interested in seeing your tie.

Hacker,

That was only a camera test for me? You can see one million vids on YouTube with better ties than mine.

How ever you tied in your crystal flash (if it didn't fall out?) should work just fine!

Back