Whiting packs

flyfishingNZ

flyfishingNZ

Anyone seen or purchased these variety packs from whiting?

http://www.whitingfarms.com/prod_variety.html

Seems like a good deal for getting a bunch of different colors and feather types for streamers.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal, but I am always hesitant to buy mixed packages of materials; especially material that are deemed by the company to be inferior to sell outright.

Fly NZ,
i have Whiting bugger packs an they are really a great alternative to buying a cape or sorting through strung hackle, IMHO i think it might be a deal if you also tie alot of panfish and bass poppers and also Saltwater poppers or bangers.
If you really want to tie streamers in the likes of Rangeley tradition, Saddles and capes are the best way to go Whiting American Rooster And Ewing Saltwater are the way to go, figure out what colors you want to tie first then just buy a saddle and cape in that color or colors you need.
i do not plan on buying any more of the bugger packs mine are from the first year they were offered and Whiting has priced thses way to high for my tastes or wallet, my first bugger packs were 5 bucks and you could tie 60 flies.Now they want 20-25 bucks ...thats a sham.
when this feather hair BS calms down an goes away i hope Whiting an the shops get their act together and remeber us flytyers.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
P.S. IMHO this may or may not be a best buy especially since you have no choice but what is in the bag...usually i have found grab bags to be very much a waste of money.

Lonewolve wrote:
when this feather hair BS calms down an goes away i hope Whiting an the shops get their act together and remeber us flytyers.

rammcatt will be along shortly to proclaim sky fallage.

Gfen, what the heck are you chirpin about i misunderstand .Blue Collar english please!

Bass bugs, Big softies for steelies and streamer feathers are mainly in the pack. This video shows you what you may or may not receive.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzrpO0TxMWU&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Oh and good luck finding it for 10 dollars like whiting suggested retail price.

I have been tying a pile of poppers this summer and do not dye feathers, yet, a mix pack would suit my needs as I already have why too much material all over my place and I don't really need a pile of full necks.

I bought one of these when starting out.

Its been surprisingly helpful. I also bought a variety pack of buck tails and deer hides.

oh, caberlas has 'em for 14, which iirc, is list price. all day long, too. good luck with that.

NZ- If bass poppers it is, then i dont think you can go wrong with the pack.

Look like a good deal. Thanks for posting this up :eek:)

Wow...that video is for hackle heads to buy his feathers.
Does anyone else know of any other local fly shops that are selling out?

That fly shop pioneered hackle head selling out lol. I recall videos from them dating back 3 years or more lol. But regardless. You get a great look at what you could get in a pack.

Back