While it was raining today

RonB

RonB

Since it was raining today, I spent the day at the tying bench. Tied up a bunch of sucker spawn.

Attachments

• orange sucker spawn.JPG
    orange sucker spawn.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 16
  • photo gold sucker spawn.JPG
    photo gold sucker spawn.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pink sucker spawn.JPG
    pink sucker spawn.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 2
  • white sucker spawn.JPG
    white sucker spawn.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 3
  • yellow sucker spawn.JPG
    yellow sucker spawn.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 2
Nice. The yellow reminds me of when I used corn with a spinning rod.

NICE ties! I was sort of reminded of Power Bait minus the smell of course. Fish can really be stupid about these things.. someday I may share my "Educator" or "Bread Bug" patterns to match the Holsum Hatch at the Run in Boiling Springs - Great SS though. Wish I was as productive at the vise. I'm only good for about 6 or so at one sitting.

I tie 3 or 4 dozen almost every day...

What size and style hook are you using? They look kinda big. Personally I stick with mostly #14, heavy wire wet fly hooks.

Kev

I used some short shank sz 12 hooks. Also have some on Allen sz 14 wet fly hooks

they look bigger than they are. The pictures were taken with my cellphone at 4 or 5 inches away.

RonB,
Was that your sucker spawn I saw hanging in a bush at codorus in tandem with a pheasant tail?

You can buy liquid power bait and squirt some on them

Atticus,
I don't think that was mine. I don't think I have tried sucker spawn there yet.

Night_Stalker,
Sounds like you know from experience. I did not even know they made a liquid power bait.

Yes...

I drink it like 5-hour energy shots.

Berkley Attractants. It comes in 2 oz./8 oz. bottles in: Bass, Crappie/Panfish, Trout, Walleye and catfish.

Power-Up!

Attachments

• BerkleyAttractants.jpg
    BerkleyAttractants.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3
Back