What to Tie?

C

caddis85

Hi, I just moved back to western Pa from Co and need to revamp my fly collection. What would be some good patterns to tie now that I'm back in the area? Any help would be sweet.

Happy Fishing
Jake

Wooley Buggers! Hatches are minimal locally. If you fish midges, those are around. All manner of nymphs seem to work. For dries, BWOs, caddis and then general attractors.

what part of western pa you from? i`m in beaver co

Monessen, about 22 miles as the crow flies south of Pittsburgh. I have begun, over the past 2-3 years to travel toward the center part of the state during hatch season because of the dirth of hatches in the local area. If you like to fish dry flies, you should look into Oil Creek, Neshannock, and Slippery Rock as three fairly close waters that probably have some hatch activity. I have fished each of them, but am not familiar with the hatches. Of the three, I have heard that Oil Creek has an interesting diversity of Spring hatches.

Oops, I just realized the last post was directed to the original poster. I thought it was him replying to me. Anyhow, I'll leave mine there anyhow.

Back