Wet fly/nymph swap

jeremymcon

jeremymcon

Hey guys. I was looking over the warm water swap thread, and I saw a lot of really cool patterns! I wish I had seen the thread earlier so I could have been a part of it.

Anyway, I really like the idea of seeing some of the interesting flies that everyone ties, so I think I'd like to host a wet fly/nymph swap.

Anybody interested? I'd like to limit it to 15 people, one fly each. If there's less interest than that maybe we could go to 2 flies each - 30 of any fly seems like a lot to tie! Flies should be in the mail by March 15, sent with and extra envelope with return shipping - I'll PM everyone my address once we get organized.

I'm planning to tie either a March brown nymph that I found in Dynamic Nymphing, or a Tucker scud - just need to see how much stretch tubing I have left and how many tiers end up being interested.

I'm hoping to see a nice mixture of classic wet flies, soft hackles, traditional and modern nymph patterns.

Okay, I'll give his a go. Crunchy Caddis and a Hare's Ear Soft Hackle.

Yeah, I'm in. Picked up some great patterns and ideas in the recent WW swap which was very well administered by Sniperfreak. There are some really talented fly tyers on this forum. I'll tie a golden stonefly nymph. I'll wait to see what the interest is to name a second pattern if it is needed at a later date. Good luck Jeremy, hope the swap goes well.

Just to be clear, I'm assuming we'll just need one pattern until we figure out that there's not much interest.

So far:
Me: March brown nymph
Sniperfreak223: crunchy caddis
Dc410: golden stonefly nymph

I'm in. Tungsten bead polish woven nymph.

Count me in; great idea. I enjoy tying the Hot Spot Spider and Patridge and Orange for fishing in PA. If we are tying two, then I will tie both.

Otherwise, place me down for the Partridge & Orange.

Thanks for setting this up,

TC

Count me in, Tungsten Hotspot Baetis Jig Nymph

Count me in. il tie a mcphail caddis or a cat nip style czech nymph.

Ok count me in, I'll Tie a Sulfur Nymph, and a march brown soft hackle.

If only one, the sulfur nymph.

Regardless, I'll still probably do 2 patterns, I tie trout flies in dozens, so 30 is really no big deal.

I'm in. Sulphur Soft Hackle

count me in...I'll do a pheasant tail soft hackle.if we are doing two I'll do a flashback pheasant tail nymph as well

Ok so far I have:

1. Me: March brown nymph
2. Sniperfreak223: crunchy caddis, hare's ear soft hackle
3. Dc410: golden stonefly nymph
4. Allen_s: tungsten polish woven nymph
5. Tctrout: partridge and orange
6. Krptt243: baetis hotspot jig nymph
7. Busterwants2fish: McPhail caddis or Czech cat nip
8. Mario66pens: sulfur nymph
9. Delta_dog: sulfur soft hackle
10. C_nesbella: pheasant tail soft hackle

5 spots left! Looks like we're probably on track for 15, so I think we'll just do 1 each unless you guys really want to tie 2.

Busterwants2fish wrote:
Count me in. il tie a mcphail caddis or a cat nip style czech nymph.

I watched Davie McPhail tie his McPhail caddis pupa on Youtube a while - looks cool! Kind of involved. I wasn't really sure what to substitute for the wool yarn that he uses. I think he even said the he custom dyed that yarn because he couldn't find a caddis colored yarn that he liked! I'm looking forward to seeing your version if you decide to tie it.

I'm in. I'll do a crippled flymph.

I'm in. I'll do a crippled flymph.

I'm in, with a halfback. :cool: #10

I'm in, I'll try and figure out what pattern here today.

I'm in as well. Not sure what pattern yet. Just saw this post and need to run for work. Maybe a maddie wet. One more thing when will they need to be done by?

GenCon

I"ll play, Double Standard.

Back