Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Tying workstation

From Pottstown, PA
I've already made the proper plans to have the necessary HAZMAT equipment at hand to open and dispense the CS. Should be a blast.
On a side note, here's a pipc of a cadis emeger I'm tying now since I moved some stuff around in the boxes and found room for about ten more flies.

Attach file:

jpg  Caddis Emerger.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2007/10/28 9:13

From North Catty
very nice...I have some pics of flies I tied last week that I will post when company leaves.

Does anyone else just tie from imagination?

Meaning that you just sit down with out a certain pattern in mind and just tie what comes to you?

I do this a lot with my streamers and my bass flies.

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/28 9:27

From Bozeman
I tie from imagination all of the time. It always turns out being some pattern that already exists, but what the hell. I still slap my name on it once I perfect it.

As for the jam, it's always a real blast. And yes, there is sloppy drunkenness. There were many plans to be up at dawn to fish, however both days ended up starting around noon. Imagine that.

If you check out the jamboree page at the left page navigation, you can view the pics from the last jam. The last one was my first, and I plan on going to all of them from now on.

Posted on: 2007/10/28 12:19

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Like these ??

Attach file:

jpg  flies 001.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  flies 029.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  flies 083.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2007/10/28 12:20

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Pottstown, PA
Very nice. I tie from immagination alot but refer to a set of Orvis books I got back in the 80's from time to time. It's a two volume loose leaf set with some appendixes and pretty cool. I recently picked up the tyer's benchside guide from Orvis and find it very interesting. I particularly like the different methods of "weaving" different body materielas to get patterns. I haven't tried that yet but plan on it soon.

Posted on: 2007/10/28 12:39

Guest_
"Tying from imagination"?? I, think, that's the latest "turn" in this 6 page post on "Tying tables I've known and loved", anyway??
Well, speaking of "tying flies, while having a shot of Crazy Susy wine", since I just now brought it up.... A few have seen my pics of my tying area, so know, that I have a couple of boxes of materials collected over the years, etc.
Well, the CS decided for me one time, (since I'd never have done this in a "sane mode"), to see what sort of fly I could come up with, if I took a small snip-it of material from EVERY piece of fly tying material I had at the time and attached it ALL, to a single shark fishing hook!
I found out, first off, that I should have tried to spin the various deer and antelope hairs I have, onto the fly before it became 7 and a half inches thick, because hair doesn't spin well, (to my surprise), around braided tinsel, and/or, Mongoose ear hair fibers.
Another really great "fish scatterer", is to coat a #12 dry fly hook, heavily with flex-a-mint, then dip it into your waste-trol basket and let it dry.
If you still find yourself bored, don't clean your tying table for about a week, then tie flies from just the various scraps of everything that's left lying around below the vise.
The pictures that the 2 of you, have posted so far, are really, really, nice looking ties. (S-Fly and Medic). But, aren't you afraid that they're "too good" and if you're not careful..........they might actually catch fish!??

Posted on: 2007/10/28 13:52

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
The 3 flies I posted are from scraps, I only clean the floor after my stool gains a inch in height... after 40 years of tying I have alot of patterns I've come up with, some good, some not so good...all seem to catch a fish or 2...

Posted on: 2007/10/28 19:24

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From North Catty
I use a 1 gallon acrylic aquarium as my trash bin and today I officially filled it after only tying for 6 months.

I can't say that any of "my" flies look that good. For some reason when ever I try tying from imagination they always end up being streamers and resemble a bugger.

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/28 20:21

From Delaware Co.
Hey Bob come over some time we can tie some flies I live 5 minutes from the fly stretch in Brookhaven. I got plenty of room I have a whole room for tying flies and I have plenty of material

Posted on: 2007/11/3 11:53

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

sandfly wrote:
I only clean the floor after my stool gains a inch in height... .

Have you taken one of those in to the doctor EEEWWWW TMI!

Posted on: 2007/11/3 14:20

From North Catty
Tom,

HAHAHAHA....I was thinking the same thing

Fred,

I am always in for something like that, and what is this "fly stretch" in Brookhaven?

Posted on: 2007/11/3 15:41

From Delaware Co.
I wrote that wrong I live in Brookhaven

Posted on: 2007/11/4 9:42

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com