Tying classes or teachers in the Lancaster area ??

JVenezia

JVenezia

Anyone know of any tying classes or teachers around this area?

Bass Pro in Harrisburg has classes beginner and advanced classes every winter taught by Bob Clouser Jr. They are great classes for any skill level.

I'd have to agree with delta dog. You can't beat free classes taught by Bobby Clouser. He and his staff are over the top friendly and love to tell stories. (some of them might even be true)

They'll be starting up around September/October.

In Ephrata, at Musser's Outdoors on Fridays there's a chap in there who's working on building up the fly fishing section. He wants to start tying classes and is collecting names of interested parties. Stop in on a Friday and let him know you're interested.

Don't mean to derail but where is Musser's Outdoors? Is that the old Trout Run Sports? They used to have a decent fly fishing and tying section when I was getting started. Would be nice to see something that local again at least for emergency purposes.

Not aware of any local classes since Evening Rise closed.

yes that's them. The same guy who did Trout Run's is doing the fly fishing section there now. He's starting very slowly and cautiously, but they have tippet, lines, leaders, some St Croix and other rods, and several fly patterns.

Actually, I think its that Colonial Angler guy. He told me he does presentations on how fly fishing was done 200 years ago and such. Anyway, he's working w/ the new owners, seeing what takes and what doesn't. I'd love to see something local again, go and support it!

That would be Ken Reinard. He always handled the fishing section and certainly knows his stuff when it comes to fly fishing. He is a very good tier and if he gives lessons I would try hm out. Besides his Colonial Angler character more recently he was involved with Golden Witch bamboo rods and rod building materials.

Would be nice if they get something going for fly fishing in there again. Not always convenient to run up to TCO.

Yup that's his name. Hopefully this works out. He said that the new owners are very committed.

Back