Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tying Cockpit

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Sundrunk,
yea it was great..had a few custom vans, muscle cars and bikes..real hippie/moorhead/biker...lol of course some of it is a blur.........lol

Posted on: 2008/1/11 18:42

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From SE Pa.
Tell the truth Sandy your mother dropped you on your head one too many times !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/1/11 22:02

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
mother....i thought i was found in roswell, with a test tube in my hand....dang...........and here i thought i was always from way out there.........

thanks henry.......now im really confused..

Posted on: 2008/1/12 8:55

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
All the wild ones i have seen caught are as big as my hand not legal. i know where there are natives around here but not every where i leave them a lone i might go to those places once a year till the fishin gets better. they stock fish in some of those places the places they stock might see me more than once a year. i know it is wrong to take a wild fish and it would be better if i didn't i probbaly won't. and when i do eat fish i never freeze them i eat them that day or the next. thats if i keep them. i rather red F'in meat.

Posted on: 2008/1/12 22:11

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

yea-who wrote:
All the wild ones i have seen caught are as big as my hand not legal.

Quote:
i know it is wrong to take a wild fish and it would be better if i didn't i probbaly won't.

You can't keep fish from any water other then ATWs now anyway...

So what does it matter if the wild fish are legal? Legal to what? Fish for?...A lot of us actually go out knowing we'll be catching 6 inch fish...Most (I say Most) people who flyfish with the intention of catching wild fish have no intention of harvesting them...

Posted on: 2008/1/12 23:11

From Lewistown
If I were to harvest a wild trout, it would be a brown not a brookie. A 10" brookie has a strong hold on mating in that stream. And I would prefer to leave that fish spawn with multiple females in that stream for the next year at least. I, personally, would like to have his genes go on. If the only large fish in that stream is taken out, it would be a long time before there is another large fish in that stream (until there is an opportunity for my "shaq" theory -- but this for close fishing buddies only or in private conversations)
With reading the above, now wonder why you only see 6 inch fish in those pictures. Is it becasue someone comes in and take teh larger fish every year or two? This is why people are so protective over releasing brookie streams.
I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to let you know how things work here and why people are so protective. If you want to take a couple brookies, go ahead. Afterall, you paid $31 for a liceanse didn't you? We all know that hearvesting fish isn't really a factor in fish populations in wild brook trout streams. The largest predator to a 5" brookies is an 8" brookie.

Posted on: 2008/1/13 9:39

ATWs??????????????????

Posted on: 2008/1/13 10:29

u r right about the $31. if me and my wife went out and both ordered trout or any fish at that, the bill would be more. thats why i went to culinary school i can make those $100 meals for 20 buck. Plus there is a good cash flow if i cater 10 +/- parties a year. one meal pays for the permit. like i said though "god didn't give me molars to eat fish and vegtables".

Posted on: 2008/1/13 10:39

From Lewistown
Yea who,
To answer your question about ATW, it stands for approved trout waters. It is stocked areas of a stream. These are the only places where you can harvest fish from labor day to feburary 28/29th (only 3 though). Form march 1 to opening day it is unlawful to fish and harvest fish in these areas, unless it is also a special regulation area, i.e. catch and release, delayed harvest; however you can't harvest fish in special reg areas. Other areas like heritage, trophy trout, class a are open to fish year round, but can't harvest fish from labor day to opening day.

Posted on: 2008/1/13 11:17

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

yea-who wrote:
like i said though "god didn't give me molars to eat fish and vegtables".

He didn't give you molars to eat red meat either...that's why cows don't have incisors and canines...

I'd much rather have a steak then a trout any day...

ATWs= approved trout waters...listed in the book that came with your license.

Posted on: 2008/1/13 11:19

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com