HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Top Streamers

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/2/28 17:04

I dont know if this white booger pic loaded or not...I seem to be struggling with it...

Attach file:

jpg  booger.jpg (56.49 KB)
3920_4d6c4d1c92af1.jpg 988X1118 px

Posted on: 2011/2/28 20:33

From Perkasie PA
tung head bugger in brown
slumpbuster with zonker instead of squirrel
supervisor

Posted on: 2011/2/28 21:45

From Delaware Co.
Streamers for what kind of fishing ? But all you trout guys need to try the Foxe minnow that fly always produces .

Posted on: 2011/2/28 23:07

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Gray Ghost, Muddler, and clouser

Posted on: 2011/3/1 6:09

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Johnstown, PA
Frederick.............Isn't that Foxee Minnow a Clouser off shoot or an evolved one , right before i got hurt i think i saw them in the shop in Middletown/Royalton and there was a floating minnow there too which looked interesting but that was the last time i was in the shop would have been the winter of 2002/003.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 6:33

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
your right there osprey, the foxee is a variation of the clouser. the floating minnow works great for smallies.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 6:47

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Johnstown, PA
I went and Googled it and checked out youtube and now i remember , this was an evolved process and the next one was supposed to be a floating version , how did that one turn out? Topwater streamers , the actions of those minnows getting chased that sort of skip across the top is what i think they were going for. On a float trip on the Juniata from Lewistown to Thompsontown we would float through and those minnows ahead of us would do that skipping thing , all you had to do was get a bait in the mass of skippers and wham and it didn't matter what really , i used a fly rod and regular chartreuse and white clousers and my buddy used spinning rod and fished with a POP-R we hammered small mouth all day doing that same thing. It seems a floating streamer would have been closer to an exact imitation of that activity. Streamers are something that must be considered if you want to round out your program overall and floating ones are something that interests me.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 6:58

From pittsburgh
i like to use double bunnies with the tails tied not glued but short enough to where it doesnt foul around the hook i also use buggers and a clouser from time to time

Posted on: 2011/3/1 7:38

-me

From Clinton County, Pa.
1. Black conehead wooly bugger with pearl crystal flash. 2.Roman Moser baby brown trout. 3. Mickey Finn

Posted on: 2011/3/1 7:46

From Johnstown, PA
On Kettle Creek in Potter county around the early 80's i had a great day with Mickey Finn streamers , we stopped at Baldacinos on the way to our camp and i asked the guy that was there about his favorite streamer as there had been rain and the water was up. He talked me into buying a half dozen of them 3 in size 12 and three in size 14 and gave me a little instruction on how to fish 'em and said they were great on the stocked brookies. We camped at the 144 bridge where the Special Regs section starts , it's called the Bunnell Pines camping area , primitive tent sites , beautifull place to camp. The next couple days i caught a ton of trout between the bridge and upstream through the SR section all nice 12-14 inch brookies. Back then we even cooked a couple in bacon grease over the fire with some leeks and taters on the side. Harry Chitister had dinner with us on that trip and that was the last time i ever saw him. Oh to be young again.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 8:23

From Central Pa
Mkern, I'd like to see that baby brook trout pattern

Posted on: 2011/3/1 10:23

Could see the logic in trying to match a particular bait fish like an alewive getting blown out of a dam and fish keying in on the stunned bait fish but really isn't it more about the action?

Really have'nt noticed that much difference in reaction between a zoo cougar and a butt monkey.

Back to confidence I guess.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 10:36

From Room 109
Butt Monkey - Ha !

Posted on: 2011/3/1 10:45

Quote:
Could see the logic in trying to match a particular bait fish like an alewive getting blown out of a dam and fish keying in on the stunned bait fish but really isn't it more about the action?

I couldn't agree more,Paul.
Back in the early 80s Dave Whitlock came out with a line of sculpin imitations-
Every fly fishing mag-raved about them as he was the darling at the time-
So I bought four dozen to get ready for the upcoming fall season.
They looked so real I was tempted to fry them up for lunch-
Ended up throwing them away-
They may have been okay for fishing out of a drift boat with short casts but a disaster for wade fishermen on big water.
Too bulky and too much hair that wanted to float-so you needed extra weight to get them down.
Couldn't cast them into the wind.
So ,while its fun to experiment,be leery of hot new ties until you have tried them-lol

Posted on: 2011/3/1 11:48

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com