Sulky Thread sale!

SBecker

SBecker

Just wanted to let you anybody that is interested, that Sulky thread is on sale at Joanne fabrics, 40% off. 2.75 a spool.

Great!!!!11!

Oh, wait, what is it?

Looks like the Krenelik stuff without the name. Yes, no, I care why? SELL ME ON IT!

Sulky Pearl

Uhhm pretty nice colors to add to your fly for ribbing and to catch the fly fishermen's eye. it's just like tinsel but a ton of different colors and is stronger.Sulky Metallic

Thanks for clearing that up, had no idea what one would use a "sulky thread" for until now. I may have to grab some, hell of a lot of colors for some interesting ribbing.

Give us examples. I want a Sulky Holo Bangkokadonk whathaveyou.

So, its...the holographic mylar tinsel? i left over christmas tinsel in random colours, its probably not as nice as this, but i never use it anyways.

Looks neat, though.

Surprised Fred and HA has not chimed in on this, because they both use the stuff. I fabricated some flies and will post tomorrow at some point for you. Kinda tired right now.

heading up to Jo Anns today and picking some up. I have lots of kreinik but its a little thick for ribbing I use that for body material and its great for streamer bodies you can run right over your lead with no twists or bumps like when using tinsel it makes great emerger bodies and it also comes in lots of flashy colors but I will for sure pick up a few of those spools at Jo anns. thanks LSA for the tip.

50% off all thread including Sulky. Also, 50% of a ton of other usefull crap at joanne

still waiting for my model flies.

The tungsten torpedo has one of it's ribbings done with sulky. I had no idea where to get it.

I dunno, I whipped up these nymphs in a couple minutes late last night. nothing fancy about them, I just wanted to show they are nice for ribbing. The green I picked up today, would do a nice caddis larva wet fly.

Attachments

• Sulky 1.jpg
    Sulky 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 5
  • Sulky.jpg
    Sulky.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 6

About time!

Thank you.

That's nice and thin, and it does look pretty handsome.

Back