Streamers

odizz17

odizz17

Bored over my lunch break, so I thought I'd share a couple streamers I plan on swinging around the Letort around sunrise tomorrow... Headbanger Sculpins and a "Snot Goblin" variant. Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2
What are you trying to catch? What is their weight?

I hope it's bass - they look real good for that.

Brownies dude!

Not sure about the weight... Medium Fish Skull/Sculpin Helmets on two size 4 hooks. Hoping for a slob

Nice ties Odizz! The sculpins are a good look and that Snot Goblin critter is just flat out cool!

That's definitely some monsters you got there, nice looking ties.

Very nice. Yummy lil morsels man. I like the sculpin helmet guys, those are sweet.

The keel weighting on the sculpin helmets really makes them an effective fly. Lots of options to creative a deadly sculpin pattern (articulated, tandem, etc.).

beautiful meaty bugs!
I love the sculpin helmets!

however I've been trying to tie my articulated streamers unweighted. The fish skulls just kill the action. I feel like a sink tip or sinking leader gives them the much more natural movement of "fleeing" vs. "staring at the rock bed looking for food while moving way too fast"

PennypackFlyer wrote:
What are you trying to catch? What is their weight?

I hope it's bass - they look real good for that.

The small size helmets weigh on average 20.8 grains
for comparison a 3/16" tungsten bead weighs 12.4 grains
I don't have any medium to weigh so can't comment on them thought this would give a rough idea though.

Back