Streamer Swap

Bruno

Bruno

I am in streamer mode right now. It is still cold as heck out. Anyone up for a streamer swap ?

I'll host unless someone else wants to?

You know I'm in since it is therapy for Sarah...maybe I'll even tie 2 or 3...break out the e-stim. I'm thinking my green / white whistler on stainless for stripers / pike, and #6 & #10 old fashion bucktails.

I'm in!

JH

Count me in!

JG

I would love to get into one of these - I am fairly new to tying, but I would say my strong suit is streamers right now -- about how many do you guys usually do for these? I would be more than happy to participate, I just dont want to let anyone down with my abilities :)

ErnieBall wrote:
I would love to get into one of these - I am fairly new to tying, but I would say my strong suit is streamers right now -- about how many do you guys usually do for these? I would be more than happy to participate, I just dont want to let anyone down with my abilities :)

Depends on the # of participants . Basically you tie one for everyone in the swap. Then you mail them to the host and then you get one of each tie back in the mail.

I'm in ;) its been a while

Bruno : Can I be in?

Ernie - yes it is open to all

Looks like 6 takers so far.

Please pm me your email if I do not already have it

We ought to make the swapping happen at the jam. It gets more people out, and it gives us an in for an impromptu beer and BS circle. I'm still up in the air for this. I'm considering tying some shenk's minnows, but I hate tying streamers...

I'm in lets do this man . I'm going to tie a streamer hybrid pattern :-D

jayL,

Come man, FEAR THE COUGER!!! :-D

JH

still thinking as well. Trying to find a fun pattern somewhere. Jay I've been wanting to tie some of those but can't figure out the idea behind the double loop method. I need to see some one do it in person to grasp the concept.

Would a thin mint woolly bugger count as a streamer? I've never done a swap but would definitely be interested, only problem is I haven't tied any streamers yet. Let me know guys!

I've never heard of a 'double loop'. Are you sure you didn't mishear someone saying 'dubbing loop'?

I just use a standard dubbing loop for it.

Tie in your lead, then your marabou tail. Then take your thread and make a loop at the bend of the hook. Leave it a few inches long. You'll get a feel for how long after a while. Then wind the thread to the eye, leaving the loop at the bend.

Place hair loosely on top of the loop and twist it a bunch of times. It'll make a dubbing rope. Dub that to the eye, tie off, pick out, and trim.

A dubbing twister is handy for this, but definitely not mandatory.

What streamers are going to be tied? I'm thinking of a clouser style Mickey Finn and/or Black nose Dace pattern. Did a little experimenting with both today, anyone have a preference?

JH

Mine is going to be a sculpin pattern, large cone head, pretty big fly for catching the big bad boys.

Here is the list thus far :

jerseygeorge
flyfishermanj
"HBGMarine
Fredrick
ErnieBall
wayne32pa
David
Xavier_Molina
Bruno

Tomgamber - maybe
littlelehigh - Maybe

Signups are done at the end of the week. A couple of more people would be nice.

I am thinking of two things right now: A black and gold clouser pattern or a micro bugger..

Back