Small Game huntin and fly tying

yea-who

yea-who

This fly tying is really changing my perspective on small game.
I really never hunt small game due to the fact its during archery season and a good time of year to be in a tree all day. But If hunting small game is going to save me Money on material well that is right up my alley.

Do you know what my favorite four letter F word is?

Free.

cost of huntin lisence, gun, shells, gas to go, lunch, time skinning and materials to preserve feathers and skins.....whats free ???

already have a liscence, shotgun or 2, the box of shells is like 8 bucks for 20. so say i have a 30% kill ratio that means 6 shells fired hit and killed so the cost of 6 good shells is 75 cents. now there are at least 5 long feathers to a pheasant tail so that would mean if i killed 6 and they have 5 that would equal 30. now the cost of 30 tails would be figured by taking what they cost at the fly shop and that is 9 dollars for three feathers so what that equal. i'll show you.... that 3 divided by 9 which in return equals 3 so it is 3 dollars a feather at the shop. Wait i just read your bottom signature your trying to tell me you never figured this out. you own a fly shop. your a succsessful business man. Haven't you ever figured this out. whats wrong with you. oh i get it. you won't sell as much stuff if people figure this out. now as for the chemicals you can get them at around $20. And at the end of hunting season put every thing you want to tan in a garbage can with the chemical. Why are you so negative Sand guy. Just about everything i post you contridict. Did you ever figure this out? tan one deer hide. and do you know how many 3x3 squares of fur you can get and sell for 3 dollars. What if you had an in like a butcher that just makes a pile of the hides and when he is done with the deer processing season takes them to get 7 dollars apiece for them so give him 15 for 2. Or if you knew some one up the line that had a bird farm. not just any bird farm but this one he raises them him self. all kinds of speices. Pheasants, Quail, partridge, woodcock, etc. And when you go there to hunt you tell him what spieces you want him to release in the field and pay per bird. Now the last saturday of the hunting season we usually go there and shoot and eat all the remaining birds because he does not want them on the other propertys. Now they will clean the birds you get. and what happens to all the feathers do you think he makes pillows he throws them away. So if you or i tell him to save them he will and put them on e-bay thats pure profit. Now you know about pure profit mr. fly shop owner. Think about this one. you can Get lead wire at home depot for like 20 bucks for 1000yds. but at a fly shop size .030 wire to weight the flies is like 2 bucks for 100 feet. you can go and get blank spools at a craft store use the home depot wire or shall i call it sotiering wire and put it on the spools your self and turn a profit. Come on now think your a business man you are always think of ways youcan turn a profit. if you need marketing ideas let me know or more help improving your profit margin let me know. yea i know it takes time you do what i said. And i know time is money. ANd they always say it takes money to make money......So if money = time and then if it takes Money to = make more money So that would mean that oh you can figure it out your a smart Business man.

I've thought about doing the same. One thing to be careful of is bringing a bunch of bugs into the rest of your tying supplies.

Jeez some people really get a bug up the but...Just pointing out nothing is free, and NO I'm not in it to make the almighty buck..I don't need to Ya -hoo... This is my Hobby not work...Oh yea don't forget to pay The feds on making fly tying material they are real strict on that, its a 10% tax on all manufactured materials...Meaning you take a hide and tan it and cut it to sell for tying now you've manufactured something...Robertson-Pittman tax its called. form 720.. Just trying to help people out...Soldering wire is more deadly than lead wire to fish..Also the law will not allow some things to be sold without going through a distributor for a lot of sporting goods or has to be done right, Quarantined, de bugged, washed, dryed, bleached, etc.. There's alot to be done to make some materials right..But go ahead and handle those materials, you might get giardia( rabbit fever) or something.. :-D :-D

I use a lot of the animals I kill. My dad does taxidermy work so I typically tan all of my hides before I use them that way I can be assured that there will be no bugs in them. I've experimented with dying hair, but that gets pretty messy so I only do it if I'm desperate or can't find the color I want in a store.

Rabbit fever can't be as bad as the Comma i was in for 4 days, or the heart attack i had with the angio plaste. Bring it. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. and any way if you preserve them correctly you don't have to worry about scarlet fever or whooping cough or meezles mumps lyme disese cancer malanoma lock jaw gang green etc. And looks i have two supporters and your flying solo. just admit it i'm right and you are wrong. Mabe i'll get didimo from the roadkill i hack the tail off of. or even salminella, or gierdieces, or tricanosis. the last i checked it was 6%. And besides i work because millions of people who don't work depend on me.

Back