Attach file:

jpg  rainbow trout 2.jpg (109.45 KB)
3478_5a8c89c88a07b.jpg 576X432 px

jpg  rainbow trout.jpg (140.52 KB)
3478_5a8c89ce0124b.jpg 576X432 px

Posted on: 2/20 15:49

Re: Rainbow Trout Game Changer for tail water musky and striper

From New Castle, PA
I think you are going to be disappointed in the way they cast and fish. That body material retains a TON of water and finished flies tend to do some pretty funky maneuvers unless absolutely perfectly tied and balanced. Even then, the bottom line is that the action is usually unpredictable... in a bad way. They aren't controllable like jerk bait or something. But by far the biggest problem is the how much water they retain.

Long story short, feather game changers behave much better. Likewise the style of articulated flies popularized by Kelly Galloup fish better.

Posted on: 2/20 16:31

From cambria county
I have a few other materials Im looking at to substitute on this. Im not too worried about the casting, I have a 10 weight that launches pretty well.

Looking at SF brushes, Bucktail, and a few other materials. I just had picked some up and wanted to give it a try. THe game changer material is not the easiest to work with, but was fun to play with. Won't know until I get to chuck it.

Posted on: 2/21 8:08

From Flourtown, PA
I have pretty much gone exclusively to the feathered game changers. They cast like a bullet, you can tie them much faster, and I think that they have more lifelike action with the feather barbules being as flexible as they are.

Posted on: 2/24 10:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com