Rabbit fur leech -- ultimate fly!

1wt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blRT5zeZK9Q

this just might be the ultimate streamer for a fly rod. i think it's actually better than a soft plastic senko on a spin rod! i usually outfish them!!
i use little ones for panfish and trout, and big ones for bass and catfish!
any color, but i like black the best.
just rabbit fur, or with hackle, lead eyes, bead head, or chain eyes ........ even unweighted on a sink tip line, these have become my warmwater go to flies.

check them out,
1 wt

i tied something like this a while back called a voodoo leech, which cross cut and regular cut rabbit strips.

never fished them successfully, but they're still in my box.

CIMG0326.JPG

CIMG0305.JPG

1wt,
Great post, how big do tie these? colors?hooks? i noticed in the video there was no bend or barb/hook point showing, is this a articulated pattern with a stinger, i know its defitely no tude,clearly see the eye of a shank or something.
I would like to add this to my smallie arsenal.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Lonewolve wrote:
how big do tie these? colors?hooks?

i like a size 8 3x streamer hook for smallmouth and channel cats. for sunfish and perch, i use a size 12 2x nymph hook. i've tried a "stinger" hook, but it only messes up the action. a predator fish will always strike at the head of the streamer.
the vid has chain eyes. i like small to med lead eyes better because the heavier weight makes the leech dive better with a floating line.
zonker strips, cross cut rabbit, dubbing, and soft hackle in almost any combination will have a great action. i think that a strip of rabbit fur has more action than even marabou!!
my fave colors are black with olive a close second.

eunanhendron wrote:
i tied something like this a while back called a voodoo leech, which cross cut and regular cut rabbit strips.

CIMG0326.JPG

CIMG0305.JPG

What kind of hooks are those .

1Wt, love the soundtrack...

eunanhendron wrote:

CIMG0326.JPG

CIMG0305.JPG

Ahhh. Finally some flies from eunanhendron that deserve to be dunked. These flies tied a little smaller w/o stingers would be great for SMBs.

think these are tied on B10S size 1 and 2, but i've tied them on 2 & 4 and 4 & 6

though the overall length is about 1.5-2 inches for the 1&2

I did an sbs on another forum, i'll copy the contents and post it here in a separate thread

I love these flies as well and they are attractive to multiple species which makes them so versatile. My one very negative comment is that even if you are an accomplished caster, they cast like a wet sweat sock!

I tied a few up today. I hope to take them to the Delaware to try them on some smallmouths.

Back