Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Quick BWO question

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I got some short strikes on an elk hair emerger before the spinnerfall, but it was the color of a sulphur. That was frustrating... I don't think any of us caught anything until the spinners hit. I should be a little bit more prepared this time around. I'll atleast be ready for the hi viz adams parachute hatch on those brookie streams

Posted on: 2010/3/5 13:32

From Shrewsbury, PA
Jay,

I use a brown olive dubbing (Superfine and ice dubbing) and thread for all of my baetis/BWO patterns from small nymphs to emergers to CDC duns. I have had great success with these patterns/color all throughout the year and throughout several Eastern states.

Posted on: 2010/3/5 19:01

From Chester County
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
Nice link Tom I didn't know about that species of Olive, that nymph looks to me to be a clinger.... I thought all Olive's were swimming nymphs ?

Fred,

"BWO" is really a generic term that usually refers to all olive colored mayflies. There the two main insects refered to as BWOs are the baetis and drunella. They are completely different speices. Go back to Meck's chart here and check out the listings for BWOs. You'll find Baetis and Drunella listed. I said Cornuta, but that's the old-fashioned name. It's now Drunella. Just as I learned the Latin names, the dang entomolgists changed them on me!!

Posted on: 2010/3/6 7:15

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com