Pics of an all purpose fly box anyone?

bigslackwater

bigslackwater

I'm a very visual tier. I look at pictures of flies and try to reproduce them. I was thinking, if anyone has a fly box that covers all the bases, streamers, nymphs dries, midges etc... I'd like to see that. Over the winter I'd like to fill one box that would be my all purpose box. One I could just throw in a pocket and go. I'm sure this would help others too. Thanks in advance.

I'm terrible at posting pics on here, and truth be told, I've started cycling my flies to correspond with hatches i might stumble upon. I think an all purpose box would depend on the type of water you're talking.

But a basic freestone box would have pheasant tails, Walt's worm, caddis larvae, stonefly nymphs, midge larvae/pupae, parachute adams, elk hair caddis, and some assorted soft hackles.

Since my local water is mostly spring creeks, my personal all purpose box has midge larvae/pupae, various midge dries, scuds and cress bugs, and baetis nymphs/dries.

I left out streamers because I personally don't really fish them. They work, but its just not my thing.

hares ear in several colors, P-tails, stonefly's, caddis larva, elk hair caddis, royal wulff, ausable wulff, stimulators, darter, dace, bugger olive, for a freestone box up here.

Back