Official PAFF 2008 Fly swap

MattM

MattM

I haven't been on the site in some time but I see we have some serious SWAPAHOLICS logging in. I want to make sure I get in on the regular fly swap that occurs every February. I know Jack has hosted a few and takes pictures. If noone has thought of it yet I'll take the reigns. Fly dog, Sandfly, Jack, Miro, tomgamber....whos in?

When's are the flies due, and what are we tying?

You can count me in as long as I know what to tie by Christmas. After the first week in January my schedule gets pretty bad.

sign me up.

I'm a fly swap newbie. What IS a fly swap? How does it work?

Usually 12 people are involved. Each person picks a pattern and ties 12 flies of that one pattern. when they are finished they are mailed to the person in charge. that person then puts together a package for each individual which includes a sample of everyones work. Pictures and recipes for the flies are then compiled and posted for all to enjoy. :lol:

I was thinking the 1st of March.

I am halfway done with my buggers, so count me in on this one. Doing these is helping to introduce me to tying.

As long as the deadline is at least a month after the bugger swap i'd do it...any ideas for a theme...random?

Just a traditional swap I guess. Any fly you wish. Let me know And I'll post your pick so none are duplicated. I think the tradition is 13 flies so a sample can go to DK. Maybe 14 so Jack M will get some if he will photo and post them in the archives. When is the bugger swap over?

Flydog
Mediclimber
tomgamber
PennsCreek
Me
Philly
Bruno

count me in. random? i kinda dig that idea.

I'll do a beadhead midge nymph. Probably an 18 or a 20 in size.

remember if there are 13 people you only need tie 12 unless you want one of your own back.

I haven't decided whether to jump in, but more than 15 flies is a burden to me and maybe some others. On the other hand, it would be nice if everyone who wants to tie can get in. Therefore, I would suggest not limiting the number of tiers. If you get more than, say, 15, you can divide the group in two and let people decide to tie for both groups if they can handle it, or just one of the two. Just a suggestion: set a deadline to "sign up." Then decide if you need to divide the group at that point.

You can put me down for either a sulphur emerger or an early stonefly nymph. If someone puts down one of those then I'll just go with the other.

mine will be a BWO dry

whats another dozen or so added to the 3000+ i'm tyin now, count me in............ :-D Pine creek special(wet)

Back