New fly swap signup - due Sept. 19

djmyers

djmyers

Let's do a terrestrial fly swap. PM me with your email and what you would like to tie.

1. DJMyers - Beetle

Are the flies due by Sept. 5 or just the sign up date? If this is just the sign up date when are the flies due?

Sorry, I should have defined that due date. I thought that if we could have the flies sent in by Sept. 5. If anyone thinks that is unreasonable please let me know. If everyone can be signed up by Aug. 17 then we will have 2 1/2 weeks to tie and have them sent to me.

The quantity to tie will be one less than the number signed up. You will just not get the fly you tied back.

So far:

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - TBD

Sorry....
I can't participate.....too much business travels over the next couple months.

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - TBD
Bruno - Devil Bug

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - TBD
Bruno - Devil Bug
Ian - Parachute Ant

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - Extra Terrestrial Herlapillar ;-)
Bruno - Devil Bug
Ian - Parachute Ant

Its only a little over 2 weeks away...I'll be on Vaca for one of those so...sorry, I'm out on this one...too short a time.

I didn't think about that it is over labor day weekend. Would people be more interested if it was extended a week or two?

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - Extra Terrestrial Herlapillar ;-)
Bruno - Devil Bug
Ian - Parachute Ant
Albatross - Drunk Humpy

DJMyers - Foam Beetle
JayL - Extra Terrestrial Herlapillar
Bruno - Devil Bug
Ian - Parachute Ant
Albatross - Drunk Humpy
Plumbob - house fly

Please let me know if there would be interest in extending the deadline a week or two.

I kinda do have interest in extending it a bit.

It would certainly make it a bit easier for me, and it looks like that could get Tom in on it as well.

Ok, lets do it. Ignore the heading now. The new due date is Sept. 19th. That gives us an extra 2 weeks to tie. If you are interested in signing up please do so soon so that we know how many flies we will need to tie. We currently only have 6 signed up. Would love to see more of ya sign up.

If you are wondering why I edited all the posts, it was to correct the deadline as it appeared in the title at djmyers' request. I only had to alter the first post to correct the title of the thread as displayed in the forum list of threads, but to avoid confusion, I change them all as the correction to the initial post did not cause the others to change.

DJ- could be I goofed, thought I said I would do a house fly, since the ant was already being done.

Sorry, that is what I had written down but must not have been thinking when I typed it. Sorry about that. I see I doubled up the parachute ant. Thanks for catching the mistake.

Dj- this is the first swap that I've done so bare with me here. How many flies are we to ty up? If we only have the 6 do you want 2 for each person?

I was hoping we would have more people signed up than this. It is a good idea. Why don't we each tie 12 of our pattern. Then each person will get two of each. If we get one more person then each will get 2 each. If we don't get anymore people you will get 2 back that you tied.

Is this alright with everyone that signed up?

Hey djmyers,

I maybe able to join your swap, if you can give me until Sunday to commit. I have some business travels scheduled for next week that I think will be canceled.....if so I will be home for the week and can crank out 12 flies. If you need to close the swap and get going, I understand

I had a couple more sign up. I think we should still tie 12 each. Then if we have some late comers that we have enough for each. Any extras I have I will just send back to the original tier.

I have the following signed up. If anyone else is interested let me know. I would just like to have the flies in my hands by Sept. 19th. So if we all tie 12 flies I would have room for 5 more people.

1. DJMyers - Foam Beetle
2. JayL - Caterpillar
3. Bruno - Devil Bug
4. Albatross - Drunk Humpies
5. Plumbob - House Fly
6. Ian_Brown - Parachute Ant
7. StudentOfTheStream - Hopper pattern?
8. FlyFishermanJ - Michagen Skunks

I will leave the signup open as long as you can get your flies to me by the deadline of Sept. 19.

Back