New Tying Station

Out4Trout

Out4Trout

So I have been tying now for almost a year and have fell in love with the art of tying itself. While I am certainly no expert, I have managed to catch most all of my trout so far this year on my ties. That is quite rewarding.

My wonderful wife supports my fishing addition and allowed me to invest in this roll top desk for tying. While I dont yet have enough to fill all the spaces and drawers, Im sure I will come the middle of winter when Im knee deep in tying for next year.

Just wanted to share.

Tight Lines

Attachments

• Fly Tying Desk.jpg
    Fly Tying Desk.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8
Yeah - great man-cave for sure!

I still remember that rewarding feeling of catching fish on my own ties, shortly after I took a fly tying class in 1985.
I've rarely bought flies since then!

Looks like a nice place to spend some time.

Very nice.

You'll fill the drawers soon enough. You just need a more comfortable chair because, no doubt, you will be spending lots of time at your desk this winter.

There's a drawback to desks like those. Seems the time passes twice as fast when sitting at them. :pint:

Very nice ????. Good luck trying to keep it so tidy. ????????????. I didn't forget about our river adventure. Releases have been ~72-73F. A few cool nights should get us down a few degrees. I'll PM you .

Emojis didn't show. You got question marks instead. .Nice desk and good tying. Enjoy.

Very, very nice! Trust me when I say you will fill it up all to soon and be looking for more space. Please don't ask me how I know this..........

Place a dorm size refrigerator close to your fly tying desk, wouldn't do to be dehydrated. Your ties will get better as the evening progresses.
Hang a flat screen above the desk for watching instructional videos and occasional college game.
Enjoy the tying!!!!

That's a very nice setup and tying area. Don't worry about filling it up as that will take care of itself all by its lonesome. I have that same light (Lowes, $20.00). i ditched the base and mounted the flexible stem directly to my vise base to reduce desk top clutter. My area is still cluttered but at least there's less bases laying around.

Enjoy.

Great looking set up! And don't worry the drawers fill up in no time with tying material.

that's a nice set up. i did the same thing last year with the roll top desk. It's nice to have a dedicated space for tying and a way to hide it all out of sight when you need to (or to prevent kids and cats from interfering). Now you have to crank out some more flies to help fill the drawers.

What an awesome setup. That desk is perfect for tying

Back