Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Need some input on a product I'm designing

From Flourtown, PA
I don't know Jack, I'm crying out loud laughing right now. My wife doesn't understand what's so funny about the NCAA Tournament. .

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:05

From Portage, PA
Fly fuy ill laugh all the way to tge bank. Honestly it is nothing like what you gyys are thinking. I have a good plan and am going to ru with it. If it flops ill still have rhe pride of knowing i tried to make a living out of sonething i love to do.

Thanks again for the helpful input. I knew half the replies would be garbage, and i would get a ton of flack, but the helpful insite will be incorporated into the design.

Take care i think this one ran its course. And i apologize to the college professors. Of the site my fat fingers dont work well on my droid.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:41

From West Chester
Mike,

From a guy that did what you are about to do ten years ago, let me tell you to enjoy the ride. It will take you places, you will meet many people, have opportunities to fish some awesome places and get some good deals on equipment. Other than that just hope to break even when all is said and done.

After awhile being in the business became a drag on enjoying the passion itself. When that happens if you are lucky someone will come along and offer to buy your business. I just sold mine this month and now it's time to enjoy.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 7:40

From Portage, PA
Thanks for the input Dotman. I'm hoping to just use this product for extra income at first but then move into supplie materials and all sorts of stuff.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 8:04

From Johnstown, PA
I guess this means the Little Conemaugh is destined to remain a stinking polluted mess? My suggestion for your box or case is VELCRO lots and lots of VELCRO and maybe consider some SPELLING COURSES at those institutions of higher learning you attend. I'm gettin the feeling ...............nevermind.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 8:07

From Portage, PA
What the heck was that about?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 8:31

From The Frozen Tundra of WI
In all seriousness Mike, good luck and I hope you make a ton of money.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:19

From Portage, PA
Its not about a ton of money to me, to be honest. I think it could have potential to go big. I would hate looking back and regretting not trying. I just want to make it as perfect as I can before even trying to market it. I have 3 testers lined up now. I got more progress done at lunch today. It is almost ready for the first "real" product to be made and tested. I am still working out where I want to place everything.

Once i get the better product ready. I will make a few to get tested. Not sure if you have to have the patent first. I have 1 pretty big name in the industry who is going to test it for me but I hope i think I trust him.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:08

From The Frozen Tundra of WI
If you have to hope you trust someone, or think you trust someone, they cant be trusted. That is pretty much opposite the definition of trust.

I would talk to my lawyer in private and see what he advises. I know your excited but its a dog eat dog world. Secrecy may be the prudent move now. And also making a ton of money for doing something you love is more gratifying than just being happy you tried.

Good luck

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:23

In business don’t trust anyone and if someone claims you can trust them and they truly mean it, they will sign a legal confidentiality/non-compete agreement, which affirms they can be trusted. If they won’t and play mister nice guy with the old line of, “Trust me……you can trust me,” bend over and get ready because there’s a reason why they won’t sign anything – it’s because they don’t want to be held to anything and they can’t be trusted.

That said, if you are looking for a tester, consider me. Unlike others who say they can be trusted, I mean it when I say I can be trusted because I am trustworthy. And you can trust me on that.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 15:02

From Johnstown, PA
I'm hoping this new endeavor does not get in the way of the proposed attempt to start restoring the "Little Conemaugh River Watershed" It sounded like a great idea when you were posting about it.I even made a trip to the "POINT" where the Stonycreek and the Little Conemaugh flow together to see about getting my buddy to take some pics of the drastic difference between the 2 , but both creeks were high and muddy. Just hope this new project doesn't derail that. Maybe you could use the name CONEMAUGH in the name of the case and bring in some support.

Posted on: 2013/3/23 7:27

From Portage, PA
Great idea osprey. Will consider it. P LAN on giving back some profit. Even if it is to bring awareness as you said

Posted on: 2013/3/23 18:11

From Enola, PA
in all these posts about racing stripes and ipod docks you guys all missed the most important feature - DIGI-CAMO! Especially considering this is to be a mobile product.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 12:20

uhh...nevermind

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
How would you see it?

Posted on: 2013/3/25 12:56

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Portage, PA
Does anyone place a "placard" for lack of better terms, behind their vice while tying to help your eyes focus. I am thinking of having a small alligator clip for this type of thing. I don't use them but mostly because I do not have a way of attaching one. I believe you can buy something that will slide over the post of your vice.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 13:01

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com