Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Need some input on a product I'm designing

Or how about trouts with racing stripes?

A mini icebox to keep additional drinks cold coupled a cup holder that is sunken in the icebox to keep the beverage cold would be a nice add.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 13:15

From Dauphin
I like the chilled beer holder idea. Thats a must

Posted on: 2013/3/19 21:53

From The Frozen Tundra of WI
A cigar ash tray, i pod dock with speakers, and blue tooth. blue tooth makes every thing better.

the ipod dock should be situated that one can view you tube videos while tying. this way your mobile tying station can support instructional video at a hotel or in the car on destination trips. Enclose the whole mobile station in a tackle box style case for easy travel. and racing stripes

Posted on: 2013/3/20 1:30

From Portage, PA
All great ideas but a little much for what I am going for.

Thanks again for the input.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 8:46

From Attitudinally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
I don't want anything that might serve to organize my tying tools and accessories and give me a more clear idea of where things are.

If I can't find something, I buy another one or go without.

If you do it this way, you will eventually end up with enough tools that you'll always be able to find at least one of what you are looking for. I call it The Saturation Method. At any given time, I have: 3-8 pair of scissors, 2-7 pair of hackle pliers, 3-5 bodkins, 2-3 .22 caliber bore brush attachments (for picking out dubbed bodies) and 10-30 of those little fused mono loops they sell for flossing under dental work (for threading bobbins), all on my tying table even though most of them may be underneath a clump of marabou or an India neck at any given time..

Additionally, this is a good way to discover what tools you never needed in the first place. For me, this included things like a hair stacker and a whip finisher. I bought them and then I lost them and then discovered it didn't matter because I never needed them anyway. So, losing tools is also a good way to save money in addition to ensuring you always have new, sharp scissors, etc.

The Saturation Method also works with toothbrushes, BTW.

Good Luck with your idea though...

Posted on: 2013/3/20 9:49

From King Of Prussia, Pa
RleeP brings up a good point. Organizing stuff takes up entirely way too much time. If you could design it as just a big box, in which I could just randomly toss things in, I think that would be ideal.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 9:55

From Portage, PA
Jason,

This will be marketed for a mobile set up. Will come in a case, with seperat inserts for material, tools, thread and such. I do not want to replace home tying stations but create better mobile set ups. Targeted for fishing trips, and guys that tie at work, or something like that. IF you are going to a friends hous to teach them you can pull this product out and just start tying.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:07

From King Of Prussia, Pa
If friends are prerequisite for using this product, then I don't think it's the product for me. Can you design one for the loner, likes to keep to himself, type?

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:26

From Parkesburg
I like the idea of a drink holder, cigar ash tray, Ipod dock and speaker set up, plus a place to play you tube videos. You add surround sound and I will buy one (: The racing stripes I could do without and to be honest the drink holder isn't totally necessary but would still be pretty cool.

Jason, come on don't lie... You've got a friend in Pennsylvania.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:31

From Portage, PA
lol Jason i cant understand why you wouldn't have friends ;)

It will be function for any one who would want the ability to take their tying stuff with them on trips, or anything of that nature.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:40

From The Frozen Tundra of WI
Quote:

NickR wrote:
I like the idea of a drink holder, cigar ash tray, Ipod dock and speaker set up, plus a place to play you tube videos. You add surround sound and I will buy one (: The racing stripes I could do without and to be honest the drink holder isn't totally necessary but would still be pretty cool.

Jason, come on don't lie... You've got a friend in Pennsylvania.

Brilliant right? Also lots of magnet strips to hold hooks tools etc. Magnets are great. But how do they work?

Nick, PM me we will get together and develop our Mobile Mancave Tying outfit, and compete with Mike's.

PROFIT!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:42

From King Of Prussia, Pa
Patent pending on the racing stripes so don't even think about stealing that idea from me. However, they are available for a reasonable licensing fee.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 10:49

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Hover board capabilities > racing stripes

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:07

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Parkesburg
Hover board capabilities? Reducing the need for wheels... good innovation.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:08

From Portage, PA
Thanks for the input on the magnets. I have the thing drawin up with counter sunk area for magnet installation. it will have great functionality since it is counter sunk. You wond be able to bump the hooks and make them fall all over the place.

This being said my current set up is me table in my den and a tote filled with all of my tools and such hap-harzardly placed through out.

I did just purchase a cheap plastic drawer set for my nymph stuff.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:25

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com