More caddis (add your own please)

stevehalupka

stevehalupka

since it's that time and i didnt' want to hi-jack...

I never fish duns (unless to freestone nativve/wilds), and enjoy emergers for caddis and mayflies

best swung spent caddis (BH):

SpentCaddis.jpg

the emergers that are a must:

ParachuteCaddiEmerger2.jpg

ParachuteCaddiEmerger.jpg

and of course the x-caddis:

X-caddis.jpg

i'm ready for my macro lens!

They look awesome!

Is it just me, or did you clip the tips of your x caddis?

I'm anxious to use my wife's macro kit on some of my flies... I just have to make them less crappy so worthy enough to take pictures lol.

ryguyfi wrote:
Is it just me, or did you clip the tips of your x caddis?

Looks like it.

I did that for years and the fish didn't mind. A good hair stacker did wonders for fisherman appeal of my flies, but the fish don't give a damn.

Good looking bugs imo.

I am loyal to the cdc and elk, so I would suggest adding that to your arsenal. It fishes pretty much like an x-caddis.

I find the second emerger witht he chenelle to be pretty, but it breaks away from the Lafontaine gas bubble approach.

I am not the greatest tyer nor to i have a lot of time. I whip up a caddis larva from the green plastic stuff that is on a roll like thread and just add peacock. I say 80 percent of my trout are taken on this fly. The like it with a bead head too. I go from 18 to 12 and they all work. I was surprised to take a 1 week stocked golden rainbow on this caddis when i put on a pink sucker spawn dropper. I thought he took the sucker spawn. I continued down the creek and landed another one on the same fly. Go figure.

The stream just had a derby and after my 40th trout and 4th golden i gave up. :) just nice to get out for 4 hours and land a bunch of dumb stockies. Nothing over 13 inches but still fun. Plus i looked like a pro to the guys who were using muskie sized spinners and powerbait the size of a golf ball. :) :)

Back