Meat Box Swap

flyfishermanj

flyfishermanj

Meat Box Swap 2011

As the name implies, this ain't no dainty fly swap. This is a streamer swap, articulated or non-articulated, as long as it's a BIG streamer! By big, we are talking a size 6 or larger hook on non- articulated flies.

You are only required to tie one pattern, but can submit more if you desire. There is a limit of 16 tiers and the deadline to enter is Friday, June 3rd. Due date for your entries is June 27th, 2011. Please follow the guidelines and you should have your flies shortly after the deadline.

You will need to tie as many flies as there are fellow participants. So if we reach the maximum number 16 tiers, you will need to provide at least 15 flies for all other participants excluding yourself. So everyone should tie and receive 15. Also, optional extra flies may be tied for Dave Kile and the Moderators who keep this site running smoothly. It is highly recommended that you include one for Dave, for without PaFlyFish this swap wouldn't be possible.

Flies will be returned in the containers they were mailed in, if possible. Please write your name on your container- If you don’t I will. Keep in mind that the other flies may be larger than yours, so make your container large enough to handle that possibility. Please include a stamped return envelope. Whatever it costs to mail to me, it will cost me at least that to return, so match the postage. To the guys that are doing this for the first time- do not send them in an expensive fly box. I have had flies get lost in the mail in the past. The best type of container is an Altoid tin or something similar. Fly boxes tend to be a little too bulky and usually cost more to ship.

It is nice to provide the other tyers with the fly pattern recipe, instructions, etc. At a bare minimum, provide the materials list for each part (e.g.: Hook: #14; Thread: brown; Tail: Medium Dun Hackle; etc...); preferably, give the recipe, step-by-step instructions, and a short explanation of the use of the fly; it's history, if you want, etc.

Please email or PM me when you have mailed your flies so I can look for them in the mail. I will post on this thread that they have arrived safely. I will PM everyone my email and mailing address once the swap is full or the deadline has passed. If you have any questions just email/PM me or post them on this thread.

JH

Articulated Meat Box Swap
flyfishermanj - TBA
LSRABecker - Zoo Cougar
jay348 - boogieman
GRP - Olive Peanut Envy
sniperfreak223 - Ice Pick
auger9 - butt monkey

Non-articulated Meat Box
drews - JJ's Special
turkey - Slumpbusters

Copied this from the "Swap" thread, just need you to confirm if you are interested.

JH

My girls love to tie the big stuff...we're in!
Likely whistlers...red/white or chart/white... The ladies will have the final say, though!

Im still in. Slumpbusters. This'll be fun.

Still in with Articulated Ice Picks...will begin tying on Tuesday (I'm out of town for the weekend).

jdaddy wrote:
Gfen should crank out some Muppet Babies

Can I throw 'em on a 3wt?

I'd consider doing this, except I'm too lazy to tie 16+ flies. Enjoy it guys.

count me in w/ the boogieman. this will be fun.

Still in with the articulated Zoo Cougars

BTW...I think Altoid tins might be a little to small for this swap LOL

BTW...I think Altoid tins might be a little to small for this swap LOL

Very true! This maybe a swap that needs a box!! I would recommend that the flies be shipped in this,Small Flat Rate Box Being that you would pay $6 for one of theses streamers at the shop, $5 doesn't sound to bad.

JH

Still in with the peanut envy. Started tying the back half of the flies, have to wait for more saddle hackle to finish these bad boys off. These are going to be giant. If anyone comes up with a good method to mail these flies, please share with everyone else. Thanks.

Just use a padded envelope. I am the suck at tying or would do this. I'm actually trying to tie some bunny leaches as we speek. Sounds awesome.

I would like to get in on the swap. I will most likely tye a non articulated fly. Exact fly TBA.

I am in on the swap too. I will tie beeber slumpbusters.

Turkey, let me know what color you are tying and I will tie a different color.

When is the deadline on this one? 16 streamers isn't exactly a one night tying session and I have a full schedule through early July...

Deadline is June 27th, and the cap is 16, don't think this swap will fill up though.

JH

Count me down for some Chubby Muffins!

Meat Swap 2011

flyfishermanj - TBA
turkey - Slumpbusters
David - Whistlers?
sniperfreak223 - Ice Pick
jay348 - boogieman
LSRABecker - Zoo Cougar
GRP - Olive Peanut Envy
mooney4 - TBA
beeber2 - beeber slumpbusters
wsender - Chubby Muffins

Deadline is friday.

JH

After talking with turkey (Jeff) I will be doing beeber slumpbusters in white.

Back