March Brown Wet Fly

turkey

turkey

Long time, no tie. I took a crack at a traditional March Brown wet this morning. I haven't set a pair of wings in a month of Sundays and it showed. Took me quite a few attempts to get it but it should fish alright.

Hook: Tiemco 3769 size 8

Thread: Uni rust brown

Tag and Rib: Small oval, gold

Tail: Bronze mallard

Body: 50/50 blend of hare's ear and Wotton SLF bleached ginger squirrel dubbings

Collar: Partridge

Wing: Mottled turkey

Head: Finished with several coats of Sally Hansens

Attachments

• 20200815_115010-02.jpeg
    20200815_115010-02.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200815_114843-01.jpeg
    20200815_114843-01.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 5
Oh my

I would swing it. Nice tie. Joe E

I never really thought of a March Brown wet fly as being beautiful. Until now! It looks awesome.

It would be kind of a shame to have fish chewing on it and getting their slime all over it. :)

Beautiful fly. Is the turkey quill coated with flex cement or something similar?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I appreciate it.

Purplewoolly, I didn't set the wings with any adhesive or flex cement this time. I recall doing that on a previous wet fly and I used the wrong stuff. When the cement dried it shrunk slightly and the wings curled up something awful. I may try again though.

Cheers everyone.

That is a great looking mb wet. I've always had a tough time with pinch wrapping the wings...one wing folds on itself, slides down the side of the hook a little, or they are crooked.

Back