Loupe recommendation

J

jsheyn

Well, I've finally admitted it my eyes have been beat by the diabetes and I can’t see crap anymore.

I'm gearing up with bifocals and magnifiers and all the old fart stuff. Can you please provide a loupe recommendation and magnification.

Criteria:
1) Should swing out of the way
2) Should have adjustable band (I have a clip on type and it gives me headaches)
3) Should be at least medium to high quality

I know some are going to say better lighting. I've got that taken care of!

come to think of it...I think what I'm after isn't so much a loupe as a it is a viser.

I can't help you out as I've got 15/20 vision, but I live very close to you. If you ever want to wet a line together let me know.

What's a loupe?

Day light flex magnifier, I am in the same situation.

This works very well, been using one for ten years. Attaches right to the lamp, came with it when I bought it. Google daylight lamps.

The flx magnifier looks pretty slick. How is the focal lenth?

I have a couple table mounted ones that I bought and all have a short focal length and end up getting in the way of the bobbin.

For me about 10" to 12" away. What I really like about this set up is you can bend the stem to a position that works for you swing it out of the way, then swing it back into position to use again. I find it very convenient to use.

Back