Lets see your tying room

NewSal

NewSal

Spurred on by a recent facebook thread that I liked..
Post a picture, or pictures of your tying area. I'm positive there are some really cool tying rooms used by the members here.

My Spot:
[/img]

That's my dream tying desk. Roll top with lots of drawers.

Recently organized.. it very rarely looks this good.

Attachments

• Tying desk.jpg
    Tying desk.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Tying room.jpg
    Tying room.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 18
laszlo wrote:

I love it, I got lucky with this one. But I've seen them before at thrift stores and such, not as good condition but still. Just scour the thrift stores and classifieds online for bankers desks, I'm sure people are getting rid of them for more computer friendly desks all the time.

I like the hanging wall trtnbux

Good stuff.

I don't have a dedicated tying desk as I keep my stuff in a closet and bring out what I need on a small table that can sit in my lap while I'm watching TV or sitting in my office.

You guys have me beat. I have 3 or 4 plastic cabinets behind the desk outside of the picture and the desk is full. Still doesnt compare though. Pretty impressive rooms.

Attachments

• rps20180822_190308.jpg
    rps20180822_190308.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 9
I used to have a spare bedroom to myself, but now that I built my house, I have been relegated to a small desk in the unfinished basement.
Hopefully soon I can run some wiring and build a nice oasis somewhere down there.

Winners Only roll top desk - no longer being made. Perfect fly tying storage if you have a lot of stuff.

Attachments

• Fly Tying Desk1 (600x429) (550x393).jpg
    Fly Tying Desk1 (600x429) (550x393).jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 9
I forgot to mention there are three secret compartments in the desk to hide stuff and at the rear of the knee well is a double door storage area about 8" x 15" x 20".

laszlo wrote:

If your in the market, roll top desks come up quite frequently at auctions. outside of fly tyers they have lost their appeal and can be had for very reasonable prices.

75 bucks is about what that 500 dollar ebay listing would sell for at an auction. A bigger nicer one may fetch between 150 and 250 on a good day.

75 bucks is about what that 500 dollar ebay listing would sell for at an auction.

That may well indeed be true but first a buyer needs to find an auction selling a roll top desk. On Ebay a buyer can usually find what they are looking for in a few minutes, view items that interest them and bid as often as they wish on multiple items by making a few key strokes.

Yep this is true. Since I don't fish on weekends I usually go to a weekly Saturday morning auction. Some weeks there is a roll top there and some weeks not. Furniture is always pictured on their websites so it's easy to see when they have one. The other problem with auctions is one week one might sell for 50 bucks and the next week it could sell for 250. You just never know who's showing up at an auction.

Just putting it out there that auctions are a great place to get a great deal on a roll top and other things. A month ago I picked up a perfect condition hardly used Regal vise and a box containing 31 packs of dubbing for a total of 28 bucks. Prior to that the last good vise I saw went for close to a hundred bucks so you never know.

So as not to derail the thread, I tried to up load a picture of poopdecks tackle world HQ but I can never seem to upload pictures. Oh well.

Now you've done it. You've forced me out of the closet :-o

After reading this thread i went on craigslist to see what rolltop desks are going for. as mentioned by others, prices vary from $100 to $400.

However, i found this beauty for $20 :-D :-D listed as a Vintage roll top desk that needs work. I just set it up this evening.

44654505324_3002bb041d_k.jpg
[/url]roll top desk1

It needed a few nails and some glue to secure it, along with a few corner braces in places. It's old and needs a little love, but for $20 i now can unload all of my tying stuff from the nooks and crannies in a closet and have a dedicated space to tie. a huge space too as the desktop is 30"x50". I removed the pigeon hole style rack that was on the top as the openings weren't a good fit for my tying materials. I'll have to build some tool holders and such, but i can't wait to use this baby. And i can roll the top closed and keep the kids and cats out of my tying materials.

Thanks to you gents for the thread and the inspiration to go and look for something.

Nice find!! Can't wait to see it all loaded up.

part of the room, library is in another room

Attachments

• DSCF0488.JPG
    DSCF0488.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0489.JPG
    DSCF0489.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF0494.JPG
    DSCF0494.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0495.JPG
    DSCF0495.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 17
This picture was taken when it was organized. Lots more material has been hung on the pegboard to make access quicker to the items I use the most. Cabinets are filled with bins that keep like materials grouped together. I have since moved the gun safe into this room also. It fits my needs and serves as a great place to escape to.

Attachments

• tyingroompost.jpg
    tyingroompost.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 9
Back