Let the games begin

blueheron

blueheron

It's pretty close to being full.

Attachments

• perrine.jpg
    perrine.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 10
Well alright, you swinger you... Nice looking wets you got there BH.

Shvinger, like Zsa Zsa .

Yes yes. I like your zinking. :-D

Now thats a good looking fly box. Very nice.

That box will kill'em. Very nice. Makes me want to wrok on swinging wet flies and soft hackles.

I love tying soft hackles, but have not branched out to winged wets...maybe this year! Nicely done.

Aaahhhh, wet flies. I like your style.

I love looking at wets and picturing what they look like when wet or being fished.

Those are some sharp looking wets. I'm really going to try this year to improve my swinging abilities. Beautiful ties.
D

Nice selection of wets.

Since Y'all brought this one back to life, I thank you and will share this little pearl. There is no easier way to catch fish on a fly than the traditional swinging of the wets. Find a nice riffle leading to a pool.Set yourself at the head of the riffle and cast quartering downstream. Let the fly hang directly below you and pull a few sharp strips back before you retrieve the fly for the next cast. Take a few casts before moving down a few feet to repeat the process. Fish the entire riffle into the pool in the same fashion, there are plenty of variations to try in mending, weight, number of flies, patterns, etc. If you don't already know the insect life in your stream, seine it or just lift some rocks to get a clue as to what size and color of nymphs are available to the fish. Tie something on to match or if you're in a freestoner start with a stonefly or an isonychia or whatever mayfly or caddis that might be showing itself to you. Don't worry about the evil drag, if you fish iso's you can't move your imitation as fast as they swim and the fish swim even faster. Wets 101. To those in the choir, you know of what I speak.

Yes...

Here, here.

GenCon

Back