Re: Humpinator reciepy

From Greensburg, PA
...and to earth not exploding!!!

Posted on: 2007/8/2 17:02

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

Fisherboy86 wrote:
...BUT, when I found out Dave Rothrock, a good friend of mine and well known speaker and tyer, told one of my best friends about seeing the humpinator mentioned on this site, I checked it out of curiosity...more because I wanted to see what Kern had said more than anything. lol. ...
Sincerely,
Michael Foreman

Oh boy...and a name dropper too.....now where did I put that Imodium.....

Posted on: 2007/8/2 19:00

From Pine Grove
It's OK, we still have the secret "wild mountain cougar" when the fish start to recognize all the other patterns. I'll share the recipe for those that haven't seen me tie for a small plate of lasagna.........After the sun explodes! Seriously, though, some people take themselves too seriously......that and the sun not exploding.

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/8/2 19:47

From Bozeman
The wild mountain cougar! I totally forgot about that.

Boyer, be a pal and tie me one for sunday!

Until Matt gives the blessing, I'll never tell you clowns the recipe!

Posted on: 2007/8/2 19:50

From Pine Grove
Yeah, I've been a little slow about the tying lately. I was hoping to hit you up for a few flies on sunday. Seriously, though, I might get some bench time in tomorrow, as I work night shift. I've been tying to order since carp season started. For some reason I don't lose as many flies when I'm chuckin' around maxima 10lb for a tippet. I should probably blast a few cougars out, though, if not you can have the beat up one in my box. They only seem to last through a couple fish, as the voracity of the attack often leaves them in tattered ruins, especially the ones that get hit before the fly hits the water. Believe me, it has 4 wheel drive and picture in a picture. It can heal the blind and make ugly chicks cute. I've heard the pope uses only the cougar when he fishes. It is the only thing known to man that can beat Chuck Norris. The best part is, very few know of it and fewer have seen it tied, and they'll never tell. Now of course, if someone had a recipe that they were willing to trade..........And to the world not exploding

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/8/2 20:14

From Bozeman
I've got too many flies. Take your fill on Sunday. I'm at the bench tomorrow. Anything in particular that you need?

Posted on: 2007/8/2 20:18

From Pine Grove
Quote:
I've got too many flies. Take your fill on Sunday. I'm at the bench tomorrow. Anything in particular that you need?

Anything you recommend that is smaller than a size 16 will do. Seriously, though I might be good. I won't know 'til we see what is hatching, although you know me and streamers, I might just spend the afternoon swingin' to the ones that are too fat and lazy to rise. ...And to the world not exploding

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/8/2 20:25

From SW PA
This got the makings of a good old bar story:

One night, "a good friend of mine named Dave R" introduced me to a lady we called " Wild Mountain Couger". I made my move and she told me "Humpulator" and we drank the night away toasting "Trout,Mayflies and to the Sun for not blowin up today!!"

JH

Posted on: 2007/8/2 22:31

From Altoona, PA
Quote:

MattBoyer wrote:
It's OK, we still have the secret "wild mountain cougar" when the fish start to recognize all the other patterns. I'll share the recipe for those that haven't seen me tie for a small plate of lasagna.........After the sun explodes! Seriously, though, some people take themselves too seriously......that and the sun not exploding.

Boyer

Didn't I see a video on Youtube about that pattern? Or am I thinking of something else?

Posted on: 2007/8/3 7:16

From Hershey, PA
Wow, just when I was over my guilt from using a green weenie, now I have to worry about:

Being part of a "click" or is that Clique?
Not knowing about the cougar fly....
Not knowing the true meaning of the humpnulator....
Having my own secret recipies, do I share them, do I tempt others about them....
Do they exist, do they not exist?
Do I truly have enough friends to form my own click/clique?
Do I wear the correct Pad style hat when fishing, and if so, does that make me a wanna be...
oh my, I dropped a name, now I need to tell them I know other people to make me believable.
Now I have to drink something so the sun won't explode.
I can't take the pressure!

Posted on: 2007/8/3 8:58
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

From Pine Grove
Martin, that John Wayne quote is one of my favorites! Good stuff right there. Come to the jam next year and you'll be in the clique and get a cougar all the while drinking to the sun not exploding . Hell you can wear anybody's hat while being a name-dropper there. Unfortunately, you will be on your own on the humpuwhatever deal. Maybe if you go to a fishing website, tell everybody that you have a secret and they can't have it, then tell them they are clicky and that they ruin fishing for kids while killing puppies sombody would be kind enough to teach you how to tie a fly that they "invented" out of two flies that have existed for years. Don't say "Hi" or "nice site", just get right into berating the regulars. That's the best way to make friends. . Oh, and tell them Billy Pate sent ya'.

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/8/3 9:43

From Pine Grove
OOPS........And to the sun not exploding

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/8/3 9:46

From Altoona, PA
Heck, you can have my hat... if you can stand the smell!

Posted on: 2007/8/3 9:47

From Hershey, PA
Thanks for the kind words, I guess I do belong. My shrink told me to repeat that to myself 20 times a day. He also told me that "a paranoid person is never truly alone" - I'm my own clickity/clique.

Pad, I'll wear your hat anytime.

My next favorite John Wayne quote is "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

So there....

Oh, nice board fellas, keep up the good work, patterns, secret stream turn-by-turn locations, and did I mention patterns?

Posted on: 2007/8/3 10:29
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne

Why must people criticize others to feel better about themselve?

If someone makes an accusation of me starting a thread about a fly I created, then jumping in on it to get "publicity", be able to back it up with some facts. That is what I did, and still you find fault. quote "brilliant" end quote.

Remember, this is all about me not sharing a fly pattern. Pathetic, isn't it.

Jump off the bandwagon, not on it.

Michael Foreman

Posted on: 2007/8/3 11:24

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com