Humpinator reciepy

J

johnthegreat

Does anyone have the receipy or picture for the Humpinator pattern? I have read alot about but need a picture of it so i can tie and and try it!

please point me to where you read a lot about it because I cannot find a thing...would lie to help bu this one I can't find.

I found this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo8mN41RGPY

Maybe you could contact the guys who mad the video? Evidently it is a pattern the guys in the vid made up.

Mike and Kevin (the guys who made the video) are good friends of mine.
However, do to "pattern infringement" I'm am not at liberty to give you the recipe.
I will say this... it is a stupid pattern that friken works every time and with a little imagination you can probably decifer what the fly looks like and how it is tied (hump---- inator). Sounds a lot like two very common attractor dry fly patterns to me!?!?

I'd rather them call it a humpUlator. It would make a bit more sense to me if it's what I'm picturing... Haha

Photos of this fly will not be shown.

And people who have it all agreed to keep it secret.

It really does work THAT well.

Mike

Gee thanks...Be sure to ask any questions you want on here from now on...we'll be glad to share our knowledge in spite of that.

Heh...

I can't imagine how that makes sense.... at all. Like to feel a false sense of superiority and exclusivity much?

Oh well, I have too many flies anyway.

Rest assured, I will find someone who has that recipe and change their mind about keeping it a secret. There is always a weak link and I will find it.

That's great, Jack.

But please say "you'll rue the day!" for me at the end.

I expect an edit within a few minutes.... ;-)

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/hemlock/

Looks like we might have something to go on soon. :-D

IMHO - this is a cheap excuse to pat oneself on the back. We only have someone's word for the fact that they came up with anything more than a nifty name for a fly. Even if they did come up with a pattern, so what? I have a couple patterns I dreamed up and they work. I don't really believe in "magic" patterns. I think you need a fly that is the right size/color but after that, I am much more convinced that presentation is important.

Pad,

Thats why they put you in IT....you don't have the marketing stuff.

Nowadays I'd venture to guess there are no "new" flies just variations of old ones.

Reminds me of something I heard on Morning radio today. Back in the 80's when professional sports autographing became so popular and sports stars were selling their signature for $5.00 a pop. Humble Cal Ripkin Jr was appauled. He would stay after games for hours signing anything put infront of him to "devalue" his name in the autograph market.

Maurice

IMHO - this is a cheap excuse to pat oneself on the back. We only have someone's word for the fact that they came up with anything more than a nifty name for a fly. Even if they did come up with a pattern, so what? I have a couple patterns I dreamed up and they work. I don't really believe in "magic" patterns. I think you need a fly that is the right size/color but after that, I am much more convinced that presentation is important.

Excellent points. And if this is so top secret, why even mention it beyond the "in crowd".

jaybo41 wrote:

Excellent points. And if this is so top secret, why even mention it beyond the "in crowd".

Because it's a hoax, like crop circles. They build up a mystique around this pattern by showing a few fish caught. They make a big deal about some magic fly, so that people talk about their awesome pattern. It's a Sanjaya moment! All hype; no talent!! I say the humpinator doesn't exist. If does, a decent fisherman (with working legs) could find a pattern in a standard box that would outfish it on any given day.

Crop circles are a hoax?! :-o

BTW..I finally fished my Don't Sculpin...couldn't keep the smallies off of it....outfished my clousers and buggers.

"Don't" Sculpin. LOL. That's an interesting typo! Freudian slip?

From what the name implies, Humpinator, I have a pretty good idea what the fly looks like. I have a feeling this fly floats through pretty much anything. Probably a good pocket water dry fly.

Back