Hook assortments

attackone

attackone

Does anyone know where i can get hook assortments

There are a couple places out there, but I think you will get more bang for your buck if you buy what you need/want.

I'm sure a local fly shop will hook you up with the basics if you go/call in.

im just really getting started into tying and the main thing im lacking are the hooks. also i really dont have a local fly shop that isnt over a hour drive from me

You can order assortments from Allen Fly Fishing.

I think he has a pretty good deal going on now. If you order some hooks you get free, good, fly boxes.

I agree with wsender. Allen Fly Fishing is great. It's not a vast selection of a million different types of hooks, but he's got what you need.

He sent me a free sample, and I've fished with the hooks and I have no complaints! ...Except I need more.

i thought i remember seeing that on his web awhile ago and when i looked today i couldnt find where he had the assortment

Just go to the hooks section of his site. There, you can order whatever you need, pack of 25 and up.

I ordered some fly boxes from him last week, and I don't think there's any shipping, either.

If you're actually looking for a pack of various sizes hooks, you won't find it on his website. It's up to you to decide how many of each.

You can pick and choose what you want for an assortment. Justin (AllenFlyFishing) is verrrrry flexible and always wants to help.

Do you need some helping picking an assortment?

sure i will take all of the help i get, i was thinking about gettin these:

Caddis, Scud - 12-16
Wet Fly, Nymph - 12-18
Nymph, Streamer 2x 8-12
Nymph, Dry Fly 12-18

i fishing 99% of the time sub surface and mostly use little stuff, good list? anything else that should be added?

Sounds about what I would recommend. Maybe get the Caddis/Scud down to size 18 or even 20.

well im placing my order now going to get $35 for the free two boxes i added size 18 but he doesnt sell anything smaller

If it were me? Caddis 14-18. Wet/nymph in 14-18. Dry in 12-20 (I like to do hopper/dropper style, and a sz12 floats mo' better). Streamer in 6-8, 4xl.

I'd also concentrate on sz 14 and 16, and buy 2x as many wets and dries than curved and streamer.

Check out his facebook page (if you're on facebook). He puts up a new deal every few days and you might be able to find something that could save you a few bucks.

Thanks for the tip on the hooks.
Just got my order today and the 2 free fly boxes are very nice.

Back